Beer, Bacon, and Cheddar Cornbread An easy recipe with a great flavor combination. Goes well with soups, chili, stews or simply on its own!
This is a great tasting cornbread, and the stronger the beer, the stronger the flavor, so you can choose your favorite beer to go in this great recipe.
Cornbread is always great as a side dish, and the addition of bacon, beer, and cheese simply elevates this to the top level of tastiness! So let's see how to get this on our tables at home.
We've had so much feedback from those of you who have made this delicious beer, bacon and cheddar cornbread. Some of you have made it as part of your Thanksgiving menu, some for Christmas, potlucks, July 4th celebrations, added as part of lunchboxes, for BBQ parties.
You can serve this all year around, for example, in the Spring and Summer months, serve in slices alongside some cold cuts and some or our lovely corn and cucumber picnic salad and in the cooler months, this goes great with casseroles, such as our delicious Tender Beef Casserole and our tasty Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Gratin. Also, for lunch, how about some beer, bacon, and cheddar cornbread with a nice bowl of hot Nanny's Chicken Soup.
Whichever way you decide to serve this lovely cornbread, you certainly won't be disappointed!
Gosh, the list is endless! So thank you all for your feedback and comments on how much you've enjoyed this recipe. We've also had some of you say you've thrown in a handful of chopped Jalapeno peppers to the batter. Yummy!
So let's get straight to the recipe and see how we make this delicious beer, bacon and cheddar cornbread. Please enjoy!
Recipe by Dave Weigel
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 slices
For the full recipe to print out see our handy recipe card at the end of the post.
1. In a mixer combine all the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients.
2. Add the wet ingredients to the dry in the mixer until just combined, then add the bacon.
3. Pour into a greased baking tray and spread the batter evenly. ( 9 x 13-inch cake pan). Add the 1 cup of cheese to the top, spreading evenly.
4. Bake at 375 F for 30 - 35 minutes.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our Beer, bacon, and cheddar cornbread recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Here are some more lovely recipes you can make with this Beer, bacon, and cheddar cornbread
Cheesy Bacon, Sweetcorn and Pepper Bread. It's really delicious and popular all year round.
Here's a great Cheddar and Ham Chowder which goes nicely with the cornbread. So delicious!
Serve alongside some delicious Honey Glazed Ham at Thanksgiving
- 6 slices thick cut bacon chopped and fried
- 1 ½ cup corn meal
- 1 ½ cup All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp . sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp . baking powder
- ¾ tsp . salt
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 cup beer
- ½ cup melted butter
For the topping
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a mixer combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry in the mixer until just combined, then add the bacon.
- Pour into a greased baking tray and spread the batter evenly. ( 9 x 13 inch cake pan)
- Add the 1 cup of cheese to the top, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 375 F for 30 - 35 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.