Super Moist Zucchini Bread. A wonderfully soft, loaf cake perfect with a cup of tea!
Super Moist Zucchini Bread. This is a lovely easy recipe and one which is made frequently in my home! I often make 2 and freeze one loaf so I’ve always got a supply of zucchini bread. It’s a great bread to have with a cup of tea or take in your lunch box, after-school snack and so on.
This Zucchini Bread recipe is a sweet bread, with a soft, fluffy cake texture. You could also add a glaze on the top if you wished, however, I think it works perfectly exactly as it is. I’ve also added raisins to the batter before, dried cranberries and also on some occasions, chopped walnuts.
If you’re looking for a flexible recipe, then look no further because this zucchini bread recipe is very adaptable!
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodies supporters, Kathy Parent.
Kathy loves to bake, and has loads of tasty recipes up her sleeve!
Here, Kathy has made a delicious moist zucchini bread and often Kathy will make several in one go as they’re so popular with her family.
This is a moist, soft loaf/pound cake, and incredibly easy to make. They freeze very well, so always handy if you have unexpected visitors for coffee time! So let’s see how Kathy makes this wonderful bread.
Recipe by Kathy Parent
Prep Time: 5 – 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 – 1 1/4 hrs
Yield: Makes 2 loaves using 9-inch loaf pan size.
For the full recipe to print out see our handy recipe card at the end of the post.
1. In a mixer, add eggs, sugar, oil, and zucchini and mix for 5 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together flour baking soda and baking powder then add that slowly to the wet mix and combine well.
3. Pour the batter into the two greased 9-inch bread pans and bake at 300 F for 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our zucchini bread recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Here are a few more lovely Zucchini Bread recipes, some sweet and also a savory one too. They’re really delicious!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil *** See notes below
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup black walnuts, optional
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- In a mixer, add eggs, sugar, oil and zucchini and mix for 5 minutes .
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour baking soda and baking powder then add that slowly to the wet mix and combine well.
- Pour the batter into the two greased 9 inch bread pans and bake at 300 F for 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes.
- If you wish to reduce the fat content, one of our foodie friends, Bonnie Wisdorf has tried this recipe using 1/2 cup of oil and 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 to 1-1/2 bananas). Bonnie says it turned out great!
- If you wish to make only ONE loaf, halve all the ingredients apart from the eggs. Make the eggs 2 and not 3.
Walfos Nonstick Silicone Bread and Loaf Pan Set of 2, No odor, Easy baking mold for Homemade Cakes, Breads, Meatloaf and quiche (2, Red)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.