Pineapple Zucchini Cake, a lovely soft cake with shredded zucchini, pineapple, nuts, raisins and spices. Smells fabulous when it's baking! Easy recipe.
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodies supporters, Cathy Kopp.
Cathy is always cooking delicious Homemade dishes and just loves to cook. Here, Cathy's Pineapple Zucchini Cake is incredibly easy and a real family hit! It's super moist and full of wonderful ingredients.
If you're looking to spice up this cake a little, for example, if you were going to make it for Thanksgiving or at Christmas time, soak the pineapple and raisins in some spiced rum overnight before you make the cake. Oh, yummy!
You can choose to frost this pineapple zucchini cake if you wish, however, Cathy says the cake is delicious and moist and didn't feel the need to frost it.
There are many recipes for this cake available, and this is one which Cathy would recommend. It's certainly tried and tested!
We've got quite a few other delicious cake recipes using pineapple, such as our popular Pineapple Coconut Cake, and our Tropical Pecan Pineapple Upside Down Cake
If you wish to use fresh pineapple, we've got a great guide on how to prepare a pineapple with minimum waste. It's surprising how much pineapple you can end up throwing away if you're not too sure how best to prepare it! Take a look! We even give you a tip on how to make sure you choose a ripe pineapple so it's juicy and sweet.
Check out our handy Oven Temperature Conversion Guide!
40 - 45 minutes
Equipment You will need
a 9 x 13 greased pan or approx two 8-9 inch loaf pans
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
2 cups white, granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 cup grated unpeeled zucchini (excess moisture removed before measuring)
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
½ cup golden raisins
3 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
¼ cup butter, room temperature
1 ½ to 2 cups of powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4. Butter a 9 x 12 or 9 x 13 baking pan or two 8 - 9 inch loaf pans
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a mixer, beat the 3 eggs on high speed until frothy.
4. Lower the speed and beat in the sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, and lemon zest. Add the flour mixture and combine well.
5. Stir in the zucchini, chopped nuts, pineapple, and raisins. If the batter gets too stiff, you can add a little of the pineapple juice.
6. Pour mixture into the baking pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes for a 9 x 13 pan and for loaf pans, 45 - 50 minutes. Allow to cool before frosting.
7. To make the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and butter. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
Frost the cooled cake and serve.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Pineapple Zucchini Cake
Pineapple Zucchini Cake A wonderful soft, moist and full flavored cake. Smells fabulous when it's baking too!
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white, granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup grated un-peeled zucchini, excess moisture removed before measuring
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups to 2 of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4. Butter a 9 x 12 or 9 x 13 baking pan or TWO loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the 3 eggs on high speed until frothy.
- Lower the speed and beat in the sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, and lemon zest. Add the flour mixture and combine well.
- Stir in the zucchini, chopped nuts, pineapple and raisins. If the batter gets too stiff, you can add a little of the pineapple juice.
- Pour mixture into the baking pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes for a 9 x 13 pan or 45-50 minutes for loaf pans. Allow to cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and butter. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Frost the cooled cake and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wilton 2105-6806 Perfect Results Large Nonstick Loaf Pan, 9.25 by 5.25-Inch, Silver
Honey-Can-Do 2592 Paper Loaf Pan, 25-Pack, 8-Inches x 2.5-Inches x 2-Inches
Wilton Perfect Results Non-Stick Mini Loaf Pan, 8-Cavity
Plastic Rectangular Bread Box with Portable Handle 13inch Translucent Cake Container Box for Dry or Fresh Foods Loaf Cake Keeper (Pink)
White Disposable Loaf Bread Baking Liners (Pack of 2, 24 Liners Total) Rectangle, Non-Stick Paper Liners For Baking, Kitchen Tools For Baking Cake & Bread
Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Pan
OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Cake Pan 9 x 13 Inch
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
Delicious Recipes Using Zucchini
Here's a selection of delicious zucchini recipes, both savory and sweet
Super Moist Zucchini Bread. A wonderful soft, loaf cake perfect with a cup of tea!
Pumpkin Zucchini Bread, An easy recipe with fabulous aromas and great tasting. Freezer friendly and a perfect way to enjoy zucchini!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread.
A deliciously soft, moist, double chocolate zucchini bread recipe, made from scratch. Ideal for breakfast, brunch or with a cup of tea! Easy to make loaf cake
Bacon, Cheddar, Zucchini Muffins, great for parties, pot lucks and also freezer friendly too!
Zucchini and Mushroom Kebabs. A perfect side dish to any BBQ, easy to make with a simple balsamic marinade. Full of flavor, juicy vegetables on a kebab
Sheet pan chicken dinner, tasty tray baked roasted chicken portions with vegetables, potatoes, and seasonings, all oven-baked in one pan. A quick easy and simple recipe
Chinese Chicken Stir fry, a quick easy recipe with tender chicken pieces, vegetables and cashew nuts cooked in a delicious Cantonese sauce. Serve with fragrant steamed rice!
Easy Chicken Skillet Dinner is made from scratch using fresh ingredients, a whole meal all cooked in one pan. Juicy chicken and fresh vegetables make a perfect dinner
Aliene B. Lawssays:
This cake is very moist and taste delicious. It is easy to make. I have made it for church functions and my gatherings at home. No one can taste zucchini. I had a person once to ask what kind of cake it was. I told him Pineapple zucchini cake. He blushed and said if he had known it was zucchini in it he wouldn’t have eaten it. But he said it was delicious! It must have been his fave.
Can I eliminate the nuts?
Hi Jacqueline, yes of course
Have made zucchini bread for years, have added walnuts to mixture. When I’ve had to many Zucchini’s in the garden, I would peel grate, then put two cups into a freezer bag then put in freezer. When wanting for the bread I would thaw it out and drain excess liquid. When putting in pan I would oil pan then sprinkle sugar to coat oil instead of floor, gives it a sweeter and a little crunch to the bread. Will give a try on the pumpkin and pineapple, sounds good and a little different then the norm.
I made this cake yesterday, in the pan recommended and it was very thin and the zucchini is very stringy within the cake – making it very hard to slice!!
I also added 1- cup of blueberries,both in season same time
I made this and doubled the recipe. It seemed to thin so I added way more flour. It made 6 loafs and they turned out beautiful. I love the sweet pineapple.
Love the pineapple in here. Thanks for sharing!
Hi Bea! I’m glad you like it. The pineapple certainly makes it nice and moist and of course super tasty! Please enjoy!