Pineapple Zucchini Cake, a lovely soft cake with shredded zucchini, pineapple, nuts, raisins and spices. Smells fabulous when it's baking! Easy recipe.
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodies supporters, Cathy Kopp.
Cathy is always cooking delicious Homemade dishes and just loves to cook. Here, Cathy's Pineapple Zucchini Cake is incredibly easy and a real family hit! It's super moist and full of wonderful ingredients.
If you're looking to spice up this cake a little, for example, if you were going to make it for Thanksgiving or at Christmas time, soak the pineapple and raisins in some spiced rum overnight before you make the cake. Oh, yummy!
You can choose to frost this pineapple zucchini cake if you wish, however, Cathy says the cake is delicious and moist and didn't feel the need to frost it.
There are many recipes for this cake available, and this is one which Cathy would recommend. It's certainly tried and tested!
If you wish to use fresh pineapple, we've got a great guide on how to prepare a pineapple with minimum waste. It's surprising how much pineapple you can end up throwing away if you're not too sure how best to prepare it! Take a look! We even give you a tip on how to make sure you choose a ripe pineapple so it's juicy and sweet.
40 - 45 minutes
Equipment You will need
a 9 x 13 greased pan or approx two 8-9 inch loaf pans
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups white, granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 cup grated unpeeled zucchini (excess moisture removed before measuring)
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup golden raisins
3 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 to 2 cups of powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4. Butter a 9 x 12 or 9 x 13 baking pan or two 8 - 9 inch loaf pans
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a mixer, beat the 3 eggs on high speed until frothy.
4. Lower the speed and beat in the sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, and lemon zest. Add the flour mixture and combine well.
5. Stir in the zucchini, chopped nuts, pineapple, and raisins. If the batter gets too stiff, you can add a little of the pineapple juice.
6. Pour mixture into the baking pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes for a 9 x 13 pan and for loaf pans, 45 - 50 minutes. Allow to cool before frosting.
7. To make the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and butter. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
Frost the cooled cake and serve.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white, granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup grated un-peeled zucchini, excess moisture removed before measuring
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups to 2 of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4. Butter a 9 x 12 or 9 x 13 baking pan or TWO loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the 3 eggs on high speed until frothy.
- Lower the speed and beat in the sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, and lemon zest. Add the flour mixture and combine well.
- Stir in the zucchini, chopped nuts, pineapple and raisins. If the batter gets too stiff, you can add a little of the pineapple juice.
- Pour mixture into the baking pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes for a 9 x 13 pan or 45-50 minutes for loaf pans. Allow to cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and butter. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Frost the cooled cake and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wilton 2105-6806 Perfect Results Large Nonstick Loaf Pan, 9.25 by 5.25-Inch, Silver
Honey-Can-Do 2592 Paper Loaf Pan, 25-Pack, 8-Inches x 2.5-Inches x 2-Inches
Wilton Perfect Results Non-Stick Mini Loaf Pan, 8-Cavity
Plastic Rectangular Bread Box with Portable Handle 13inch Translucent Cake Container Box for Dry or Fresh Foods Loaf Cake Keeper (Pink)
White Disposable Loaf Bread Baking Liners (Pack of 2, 24 Liners Total) Rectangle, Non-Stick Paper Liners For Baking, Kitchen Tools For Baking Cake & Bread
Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Pan
OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Cake Pan 9 x 13 Inch
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate