This delicious creamy cheesy tomato potato soup with cheese is perfect for your slow cooker, full of flavor, easy to prepare and great with homemade bread fresh from the oven!
Libby has kindly shared another wonderful recipe for how she makes a hearty soup.
Here, Libby has spiced up her soup, using her own canned chili pepper tomatoes so there is a kick in it, you can of course use regular canned tomatoes (without peppers) if you don't want the spice.
If you have a harvest of tomatoes, and perhaps you have a stock of canned tomatoes from the summer, this is an ideal recipe to make. Alternatively, you can use shop-bought canned tomatoes.
It's certainly an easy recipe full of flavor, and convenient when you want to do other things whilst this is cooking in the slow cooker or multi cooker.
This is a great soup to serve with some soft Aloha Bread rolls.
Recipe by Libby Myrick
8 hrs Low or 4 hrs High
1 package Bear Creek brand Cheddar Potato soup mix (12.1 oz)
1 can (14.5 oz) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
1 10 oz. can Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies (you can use the mild one if you prefer)
6 cups water
1 lb. small red potatoes, scrubbed, cut into bite size pieces.
1. Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for 8 hrs. or high for 4 hrs.
Please check just before the end of cook time if you need to add a little more water to make the consistency to your liking.
Some people like thick soup, some thinner! So you decide. I would suggest adding boiling hot water if needed.
Serve with some nice warm bread and enjoy!
This is a pretty spicy soup, so if you want to make it mild, use Mild Rotel tomatoes.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1 oz package Bear Creek brand Cheddar Potato soup mix, 12.1
- 1 oz can Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, undrained, 14.5
- 1 10 oz . can Ro*tel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, you can use the mild one if you prefer
- 6 cups water
- 1 lb . small red potatoes, scrubbed, cut into bite size pieces.
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for 8 hrs. or high for 4 hrs.
- Please check just before the end of cook time if you need to add a little more water to make the consistency to your liking. Some people like thick soup, some more runny! So you decide. I would suggest adding boiling hot water if needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ninja Auto-iQ Multi/Slow Cooker with 80-Pre-Programmed Auto-iQ Recipes for Searing, Slow Cooking, Baking and Steaming with 6-Quart Nonstick Pot (CS960)
Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 357mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate