Mom’s Beef Stew is a wonderful dinner, full of simple ingredients to give a burst of flavor. Easy to make, and suitable for stovetop or slow cooker.
Mom’s Beef Stew has incredible flavor and is full of goodness.
It’s got some wonderful ingredients and herbs & spices and is a very easy stew to make.
Thom has shared this recipe and it’s a huge family hit! Of course, you can also choose to swap some of the ingredients for your own family favorites, and still enjoy! It’s an old fashioned family recipe that’s for sure!
The beauty about making Mom’s beef Stew is that you can make up a big batch and freeze in portions, or if you are feeding a family, then serve this with some lovely Aloha Bread Rolls, or perhaps some Creamy Cheesy Mashed Potatoes.
This recipe is absolutely bursting with flavor and so easy to prepare.
You have the option of making on the stovetop, or if you wanted, you could prepare the night before and just switch on your slow cooker before you go to work in the morning.
So let’s see what goes in this delicious beef stew.
Recipe by Thom Frost
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours. (This can also be done in a Crock Pot, 5 hrs LOW)
Yield: 4 – 6
2 lbs / 1 kg beef ribeye steaks (any cheap cut is also good)
1 can blackeye peas
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
½ cup / 225 g peas
½ cup /225 g carrot chips
7 red potatoes cut in 1/4’s
16 oz / 450 g can chopped tomatoes
8 oz / 225 g tomato paste
4 -5 stalks celery
¼ tsp each of black pepper, celery salt, basil, thyme, accent.
1 beef boullion cube
½ Stick butter
3 quarts / 3 litres of boiling water
1. Cut beef into bite-size pieces and brown in a pan.
2. Add water to the pan with all the ingredients. I use a 5 qt pot which I fill up 3/4 of the way.
3. Cook for 5 hours on the stovetop or in a crockpot or multi-cooker on low
4. Serve on its own or with a bread roll, mashed potatoes or rice. It’s delicious!
Another recipe you might enjoy is Beefy Tomato and Macaroni Soup from hot eats cool Reads. It’s pure comfort food!
- 2 lbs / 1 kg beef ribeye steaks, any cheap cut is also good
- 1 can blackeye peas
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- ½ cup / 225 g peas
- ½ cup /225 g carrot chips
- 7 in red potatos cut 1/4's
- 16 oz / 450 g can chopped tomatoes
- 8 oz / 225 g tomato paste
- 4 -5 stalks celery
- ¼ tsp each of black pepper, celery salt, basil, thyme
- 1 beef boullion cube
- ½ Stick butter
- 3 quarts / 3 litres of boiling water
- Celery Salt
- Cut beef into bite size pieces and brown in a pan.
- I use a 5 qt pot which I fill up 3/4 of the way.
- Add water to the pan with all the ingredients
- Cook for 5 hours on the stove top or in a crock pot on low
- Serve on it's own or with a bread roll, mashed potatoes, rice etc. It's delicious!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ninja Auto-iQ Multi/Slow Cooker with 80-Pre-Programmed Auto-iQ Recipes for Searing, Slow Cooking, Baking and Steaming with 6-Quart Nonstick Pot (CS960)
Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer