This simple cranberry and apple sauce is a very easy recipe and goes great with a turkey dinner! Use as a sauce or marinade, add in wraps, salads, the possibilities are endless. Make ahead, freezer friendly and make great gifts in little jars too! Thanksgiving and Christmas Collection
Simple Cranberry and Apple Sauce! This is a wonderful aromatic sauce, great tasting, easy to make and will suit any Thanksgiving or Christmas table!
Whether you're cooking a full turkey dinner, or simply serving cold cuts, a buffet, perhaps a variety of different dishes, this sauce will make a lovely accompaniment.
The recipe itself is very easy, nothing complicated at all. Once made, the sauce will keep refrigerated for about 1 week in an airtight container. You can also make up some jars as gifts, however, be sure to seal them properly!
I often use cranberry sauce for many things, such as marinade for lamb or duck, brush as a glaze on chicken, add to sandwiches, make muffins, goodness, the sky's the limit so don't be afraid to experiment with all the different things you can use this sauce for!
At the end of the recipe, I've added some of our other popular recipes for you to try using cranberries so let's get into the festive fun and get cooking!
And yes, it's freezer-friendly too! So let's get straight to the recipe and see how we make this Simple Apple and Cranberry Sauce.
1 lb or 500 g cranberries, fresh or frozen
2 Granny Smith Apples
1 cup or 200 g Sugar
1 Cinnamon Stick
Juice and zest of 2 Clementines and zest (or use 1 orange if you can't get hold of clementines)
1. Peel, core and slice the apples in to chunks.
2. Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Once boiling, turn the heat down to low, stir and use a masher to crush down the sauce. Allow to simmer gently for around 15 minutes, until it thickens.
3. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool. Remove the cinnamon stick too!
TIP! Fresh fruit and your taste will vary so have a taste of the sauce and see if you need to add more sugar!
4. Refrigerate until ready to serve, or pop in gift jars to give to friends!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1 lb or 500g cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 cup or 200 g Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Juice and zest of 2 Clementines and zest
- Peel, core and slice the apples in to chunks.
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low, stir and use a masher to crush down the sauce. Allow to simmer gently for around 15 minutes, until it thickens.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool. Remove the cinnamon stick too!
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, or pop in gift jars to give to friends!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 5gSugar: 47gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate