Apple and cranberry cream cheese filling baked in layers of crispy puff pastry. A great snack, tea party and buffet food. Also delicious for a Christmas breakfast too!
Easy Apple and Cranberry Roll-Ups! Gosh! These little treats are so delicious. They're very quick and easy to make and also flexible. So you could swap the cranberries for raisins, or other dried fruit. The pastry is lovely and flaky, and when you bite into these, you get a lovely taste of the apple, cranberry and a subtle hint of pumpkin spice.
These little pastries freeze well too, so if you wanted to prepare them ahead, say for a party or gathering, you could do that and then simply bake them when you're ready.
This recipe is part of the 30 Day Recipe Challenge where Lovefoodies takes part alongside a bunch of other talented bloggers, and this month's theme is Apples. So be sure to check out the other recipes at the end. They're all so delicious!
1 can of Pillsbury Crescent rolls or 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
3 – 4 Tablespoons powdered sugar
¼ tsp pumpkin spice
3 Granny Smith Apples
3 Tablespoons Dried Cranberries
Squeeze of lemon juice
2 Tablespoons Regular Sugar
2 Tablespoons butter, melted or milk
Sugar for sprinkling
1. Pre heat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
Unroll and spread the crescent rolls or puff pastry sheets flat then cut in half as the photo below. Try and aim for about 14 cm / 5.5 Inches in width or thereabouts. Place the pastry on a greased baking tray or lined with parchment paper.
2. Peel, core and cut the apples in to small bite sized chunks. Add to a mixing bowl together with the dried cranberries and squeeze of lemon juice, pumpkin spice and 2 Tablespoons of regular sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, add the cream cheese and powdered sugar and mix so it is a thick paste.
Then transfer to the apple mixture and combine well.
4. Spread the mixture evenly on HALF of the crescent roll / puff pastry layer, leaving some space at the sides. Brush edges with milk.
5. Carefully fold the pastry over, and using a fork, press down the edges. Using scissors, snip a few holes along the top to allow the steam to escape during cooking. (This will make sure you get a nice crisp pastry). Brush the top with milk or melted butter.
Sprinkle with sugar and place in the oven for about 30 - 35 minutes, until golden.
Allow to cool then slice in to bite sized pieces.
If you would like to freeze this, do so at this point, but BEFORE you add the melted butter and sugar. Then when you’re ready to bake, bring to room temperature, spread the melted butter and sugar and simply bake as the instructions.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Easy Apple and Cranberry Roll Ups
Apple and cranberry cream cheese filling baked in layers of crispy puff pastry. A great snack, tea party and buffet food. Also delicious for breakfast too!
- 1 can of Pillsbury Crescent rolls or 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons – 4 powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 3 Tablespoons Dried Cranberries
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Regular Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted or milk
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Pre heat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Unroll and spread the crescent rolls or puff pastry sheets flat then cut in half as the photo below. Try and aim for about 14 cm / 5.5 Inches in width or thereabouts. Place the pastry on a greased baking tray or lined with parchment paper.
- Peel, core and cut the apples in to small bite sized chunks. Add to a mixing bowl together with the dried cranberries and squeeze of lemon juice, pumpkin spice and 2 Tablespoons of regular sugar.
- In a separate bowl, add the cream cheese and powdered sugar and mix so it is a thick paste. Then transfer to the apple mixture and combine well.
- Spread the mixture evenly on HALF of the crescent roll / puff pastry layer, leaving some space at the sides. Brush edges with milk.
- Carefully fold the pastry over and using a fork, press down the edges. Using scissors, snip a few holes along the top to allow the steam to escape during cooking. (This will make sure you get a nice crisp pastry). Brush the top with milk or melted butter. Sprinkle with sugar and place in the oven for about 30 - 35 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool then slice in to bite sized pieces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
Check out all the other delicious APPLE recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Apple Challenge.
- Easy Apple and Cranberry Roll Ups by Lovefoodies
- Old-Fashioned Apple Cake by The Kitchen is My Playground
- Overnight Apple Oatmeal with Praline Topping by Manila Spoon
- Apple Pie Cupcakes by Num's the Word
- Apple Pecan Dump Cake by Blessed Beyond Crazy
- Homemade chocolate apples by Culinary Ginger
- Overnight Streusel Apple Cinnamon French Toast by Noshing With The Nolands
- Apple Crumb Cake by Life Currents
- Apple Fritter Cake by Who Needs A Cape?
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Sausage, Apples and Onions by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Caramel Apple Cobbler by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Delicious Sweet Recipes Using Pastry
Here's a selection of delicious sweet recipes using pastry
French Fruit Tart With Pastry Cream is a wonderful homemade sweet French pastry (Pâte Sablée) tart case, filled with silky smooth creme patissiere and then decorated with a variety of fresh fruits. A French patisserie classic dessert and a showstopper for parties!
Mini Almond Pastries.
These Mini Almond Pastries have a deliciously smooth, sweet, almond paste filling and are wrapped in crispy, light puff pastry. Quick and easy to make, and perfect for a tea time treat.
Easy Sesame Brown Sugar French Palmier Cookies, AKA Elephant Ears. These are a very easy to make crispy puff pastry cookie, filled with sesame seeds and brown sugar. Great for the holidays!
Blueberry Crescent Roll Cheesecake Bars. An incredibly easy recipe with cream cheese and blueberry filling sandwiched between layers of pastry.
How To Make French Pastry (Pâte Sablée), easy step by step guide on making this sweet, buttery crisp tart shell. A classic famous sweet pastry dough recipe
Baklava is a Middle Eastern classic sweet treat, filled with a variety of nuts, honey, citrus, and spices, between layers of crunchy phyllo pastry. Ideal for serving at parties, or to have as a snack. An easy and simple recipe for the best baklava!
Cherry Crescent Roll Cheesecake Bars. A.K.A Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars. An incredibly quick, easy recipe with cream cheese and cherries sandwiched between layers of flaky buttery golden pastry. Popular cream cheese crescent roll dessert
Easy Vanilla Slices. Creamy custard sandwiched between sheets of crispy puff pastry make for a nice chilled treat perfect for any occasion.
Delicious Apple and Custard Strudel, serve warm on their own or add a blob of whipped cream!
Easy Apple Spiced Turnovers. Crispy puff pastry packed with apples coated in cinnamon. Delicious eaten warm or chilled with a blob of ice cream too! Easy recipe, budget friendly and freezable.
Almond Pastries. A very quick and easy recipe. Delicious almond filling wrapped in a buttery flaky pastry.
Easy Cherry Custard Pastries are perfect for serving at a tea party, or just to have for yourself! Easy to make and fun for kids to help too.
Mini Caramel Apple Pastries. Delightful mini pastries filled with caramel and apples and oh so easy to make!
Apple and Cranberry Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Bars. An incredibly easy recipe with fantastic flavors!
Strawberry Crescent Roll Cheesecake Bars. An incredibly easy and fuss free recipe with cream cheese and strawberry filling sandwiched between layers of pastry. This tastes amazing!
Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playgroundsays:
These are so fun! They’d make a perfect afternoon snack to enjoy … but I’d want to gobble up an entire roll of them.
These look dreamy! Love the flakey crust and filling!
These look so easy and delicious! Perfect for any party appetizer, or dessert! Great recipe!
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Readssays:
Mary! This recipe looks so amazing! I love the cranberry and apple combo!
This is so pretty! I would totally serve this as an appetizer at Thanksgiving! I love everything about it! And, your recipes are always so delicious! Thanks!
Just perfect for fall, I love the combo of apples & cranberries!
This is a must make recipe for the holiday, delicious!!
That looks so delicious and easy!
I love a crispy pastry treat and the combination of apples and cranberries are so yummy.
Abigail (Manila Spoon)says:
It’s just about tea time here and a few slices of this yummy Apple and Cranberry Roll-up will totally make my day!