Almond Pastries. A very quick and easy recipe. Delicious almond filling wrapped in a buttery flaky pastry.
These almond pastries are a delight to make and eat.
They take no time at all to make and they do go fast, so you may need to make more and hide them for yourself!
These almond pastries are most delicious served warm from the oven, whilst they’re still crispy and flaky from the layers of pastry. I have eaten them cold too, and they’re just as nice, but there is something about eating pastry when it’s still hot from the oven!
For this recipe, I’ve used shop bought frozen puff pastry sheets to save time and ease. However, you can also make your own pastry if you have the time. We recommend using our easy flaky pastry recipe.
These almond pastries are so popular, especially around the holiday season. When it comes to Christmas, I always make a few batches of these. You can decorate them with just a simple sprinkling of powdered sugar, or drizzle them with some melted chocolate. Perhaps throw some Christmas colored sprinkles on them to make them very festive looking.
You can of course make these almond pastries any shape you like. For this recipe, we’ve shown some simple instructions on how to pleat the pastries so you get a pretty shape. It’s easy enough to do, just follow the photos.
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Adelenne. She’s always coming up with great recipes which she either invents herself or adapts from various cookbooks to make her own. Adelenne has always got a tasty recipe or two to share with us. Here, we have Adelenne’s recipe for her Almond Pastries which have wonderful ingredients! These little pastries are incredibly quick and easy to make, yet they look like you took all day to make them! They are wonderful served with a cup of tea or afternoon treat, and often these are offered along with a variety of other sweet pastries and dainty sandwiches for Afternoon Tea! So let’s see Adelenne’s step by step recipe to guide us through making these.
Recipe by Adelenne Lee
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 mini pastries
1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
4 Tablespoons ground almonds
3 Tablespoons sugar
3 tsp butter, softened
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup flaked almonds
3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tsp milk
2 Tablespoons melted choc chips
3. Preheat oven to 200 C / 400 F. Cut the pastry sheet into 2 rectangles. Then use scissors and cut diagonal strips, cutting only enough so there is about 1 1/2 inches in the middle part uncut.
4. Put the chilled filling in the middle of the pastry and using some of the beaten egg, brush the cut strips to help the pastry stick when you come to fold it over.
and start taking the strips one from each side folding it over the filling, crisscrossing.
5. Brush the tops with beaten egg. Sprinkle almond flakes over the tops and pat down the flakes so they stick to the egg wash. Bake at 200 C / 400 F for 5 mins and lower the temperature to 180 C / 350 F and continue to bake for another 20 mins until golden brown.
6. Cool before dusting with powdered sugar or drizzle with glaze and melted chocolate.
***** To make the sugar and melted chocolate glaze, in a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth, then crush over the pastries. For the chocolate drizzle, melt the chips in the microwave at 12 second intervals until completely melted then take a teaspoon and drizzle the chocolate from a height over the tops of the pastries.
For just a powdered sugar topping, you can just sieve a little powdered sugar over the tops of the pastries.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our almond pastries recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Moist Pecan Almond Loaf Cake. The flavor combo is just divine!
Mini Frangipane tarts are delicious almond cake filled mini tarts in a crispy puff pastry case. Delicious served warm from the oven or cooled with a blob of ice cream or fresh whipped cream!
Fluffy Amaretti Style Lemon Almond Cookies. These amaretti-style cookies are as light as a feather and fat-free too!
Amaretti Style Cranberry and Orange Almond Cookies. These amaretti-style cookies use minimal flour and have a light airy finish, fit to accompany desserts and drinks light as a feather and fat-free too!
French Almond Palmier cookies or Elephant Ears are a delicious little cookie filled with almonds and perfect for the holidays! Quick and easy to make too!
Double Chocolate and Orange Biscotti are lovely little Italian cookies perfect for having with a cup of coffee. Easy to make, and make perfect gifts too!
Chocolate Almond Pound Cake. Delicious, rich chocolate cake with added melted chocolate and ground almonds to take this cake to another level of deliciousness!
Pear Almond Crumble. It's got a nice refreshing taste, easy to make and great with ice cream or custard. Very delicious!
Cherry Almond Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is a lovely soft cake and great tasting. Perfect for parties too!
Almond Joy Cake. A delicious chocolate cake with almond and a coconut frosting. Always a hit and so popular!
Almond Cookies - These cute cookies are so addictive, be sure to make plenty!
Almond, Raisin Cream Cheese Sticky Buns. These delicious rolls are so yummy, with ground almonds, raisins and cream cheese keeping them soft, sticky and sweet!
Cherry Frangipane A wonderful moist cake perfect with a cup of tea!
Lemon Frangipane. This is a really nice coffee time cake to make. Have as a dessert, warm or cold with a squirt of whipped cream or like me, a blob of vanilla ice cream! It's really yummy! Delicious!
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 4 Tablespoons ground almonds
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 tsp butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- The Glaze
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- 2 Tablespoons melted choc chips
- Put ground almond, sugar, almond extract and butter in a bowl. Blend until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Divide into 2 and shape into 2 fat cigars. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill overnight or at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 400 F. Cut the pastry sheet into 2 rectangles. Then use scissors and cut diagonal strips, cutting only enough so there is about 1 1/2 inches in the middle part uncut.
- Put the chilled filling in the middle of the pastry and using some of the beaten egg, brush the cut strips to help the pastry stick when you come to fold it over.
- Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle almond flakes over the tops and pat down the flakes so they stick to the egg wash. Bake at 200 C / 400 F for 5 mins and lower the temperature to 180 C / 350 F and continue to bake for another 20 mins until golden brown. Cool before dusting with powdered sugar or drizzle with glaze and melted chocolate.
- With each pastry, slice into 3 pieces. It is nice to slice in a diagonal cut. !Then arrange on a serving plate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 133mg Carbohydrates: 21g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 15g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g