Cranberry Lemon Muffins. Incredibly easy recipe, perfect for breakfast or brunch. Great for using up left over cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving or Christmas too!
Cranberry and Lemon Muffins, a perfect recipe for breakfast, brunch, snack time, or even dessert!
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Carina. She's always coming up with great recipes, and here we have Cari's Cranberry Lemon Muffins.
Cari says this "I had a little over a cup of cranberry sauce left from Thanksgiving dinner and did not want to waste it so made some muffins. Never made muffins using cranberry sauce before, and they turned out amazing!"
These festive muffins are perfect for using up leftover cranberry sauce, and I know when it's Thanksgiving and Christmas time we always have lots of cranberry sauce in my house leftover so what a great way to use it in a recipe!
The flavor combination for these cranberry and lemon muffins is lovely. Pair these with a lovely morning coffee or tea and there you have a delicious snack! They're freezer friendly too so when you make a batch, freeze and just get out what you need.
If you don't happen to have any cranberry sauce, then why not try our easy Cranberry and Apple Sauce recipe. It takes minutes to make and so tasty!
So let's see how easy these cranberry and lemon muffins are to make.
Recipe by Carina Duclos
20 - 25 minutes
2 Cups All purpose flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Large eggs
1/4 cup Melted butter
1 Cup Milk
1 1/4 Cups Cranberry Sauce
Zest 1 lemon
Juice 1 lemon
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. (Dry Ingredients)
2. In a different bowl whisk the eggs and add the butter and the milk.
3. Add the milk mix to the dry mix and fold until wet. DO NOT OVERMIX, THAT IS THE SECRET OF A GOOD MUFFIN.
4. Add the lemon juice and the lemon zest and the cranberry sauce. Fold softly.
5. Pour in muffin cups (yield a dozen) and cook for 20 to 25 minutes in oven at 350F. ( mine took 22 minutes)
The trick for the best muffins is to just combine the wet and dry ingredients. Do not mix! Do not over mix!
I have replaced milk by sour cream in the past and have reduced the butter and the results were incredible.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our cranberry and lemon muffin recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 2 Cups All purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/4 cup Melted butter
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 1/4 Cups Cranberry Sauce
- Zest 1 lemon
- Juice 1 lemon
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. (Dry Ingredients)
- In a different bowl whisk the eggs and add the butter and the milk.
- Add the milk mix to the dry mix and fold until wet. DO NOT OVERMIX, THAT IS THE SECRET OF A GOOD MUFFIN.
- Add the lemon juice and the lemon zest and the cranberry sauce. Fold softly.
- Pour in muffin cups (yield a dozen) and cook for 20 to 25 minutes in oven at 350F.
- ( mine took 22 minutes)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:12 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g