Pickled Eggs! A great way to have eggs ready for salads and cold cuts.
Dave loves to Grill and Smoke, and has loads of tasty recipes up his sleeve, and also finds time to make up the occasional pickle or two!
Here, Dave has shown us his lovely pickled eggs recipe and oh yes, it's a good one!
Recipe by Dave Weigel
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Nil
Yield: 3 Dozen
3 dozen hard boiled peeled eggs
2 large onions large dice
For the Brine:
3 cups vinegar
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons kosher salt/pickling salt
1 teaspoon dry hot mustard
1 tablespoon pickling spice
optional add chili flakes to taste as in photo.
1. Layer eggs and onions in sterilized jars
2. Cook brine 10 minutes and pour over layered eggs and onion. Put on lids and when cool store in refrigerator ready in 3-5 days
These will keep in the pickled jar in the fridge for up to 3 months.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
NOTE: Please be aware that recipes shared by readers of this page are not endorsed, checked or tested by Lovefoodies. Always follow USDA home canning recommendations.
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!
- 3 dozen hard boiled peeled eggs
- 2 large onions large dice
- 3 cups vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt/pickling salt
- 1 teaspoon dry hot mustard
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- in optional add chili flakes to taste as photo.
Layer eggs and onions in sterilized jars
Cook brine 10 minutes and pour over layered eggs and onion.
Put on lids and when cool store in refrigerator ready in 3-5 days.
These will keep in the pickled jar in the fridge for up to 3 months