This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Carina. She’s always coming up with great recipes, and here we have Home Made Peanut Butter. Here’s what Carina has to say:
“One day I decided I wanted my own homemade peanut butter. So I did a little research and the majority of what I found used oil. Then I came to an article that said that if you have patience and blend the peanuts long enough they will break and the oil from them will magically appear.
I decided that was exactly what I wanted so bought roasted salted peanuts and put them in my Ninja blender
This blender is so powerful that it does not take that long to see the magic happening. The amount of peanuts you use is irrelevant since it is the only ingredient you need.”
Recipe by Carina Duclos
Prep Time: 20 – 30 minutes
Cook Time: Nil
Yield: As much as you like.
Peanuts. Salted or unsalted.
– you can use salty peanuts, plain peanuts, roasted or natural.
– you will never again buy peanut butter at a store!
DO NOT ADD OIL! You do not need it!
Get the peanuts in the blender and blend until it is creamy! If you want crunchy peanut butter just leave a bowl of peanuts aside, make the butter and then add them, blend for a few seconds to crush them a bit.
And it is done! See the photos below and watch the magic happen!
NOTE: – You can also use a food processor. Depending how good your appliance is the length of time to get to the final product. DO NOT ADD OIL! It is not needed!
*****Home made Peanut butter does not to need to be refrigerated. The only reason why you put it in the fridge is to prevent the oils from separating. If they separate you simply need to mix them.
- Peanuts. Salted or unsalted.
- - you can use salty peanuts plain peanuts, roasted or natural.
- Get the peanuts in the blender and blend until it is creamy! If you want crunchy peanut butter just leave a bowl of peanuts aside, make the butter and then add them, blend for a few seconds to crush them a bit.
- And it is done!