Nanny's Easy Jalapeno Pepper Jelly is a great easy recipe, a delicious snack served on crackers with cream cheese! if you're looking for a quick and easy jelly recipe to make for a party or perhaps game day, movie night, or to take to a potluck, this simple pepper jelly will be perfect! It takes no time at all to make and will keep in jars refrigerated for a few weeks.
Many of you who have visited Lovefoodies will already know our Foodie Friend Nanny Pat, after making her Apple Pie recipe.
You may even have chatted with her or seen her delicious dinner photos at our Lovefoodies Facebook group. Nanny Pat is always busy cooking something tasty up in her kitchen, and here we have got one of her star recipes, Nanny's Jalapeno Pepper Jelly, which is often served like in the photo, with cream cheese on crackers.
You can make this as hot or as mild as you like and certainly makes for a lovely accompaniment to a multitude of dishes.
We've also got some really tasty Cheesy Jalapeno and Sausage Scones, you could use this jelly to spread on them! Delicious!
Here's what Nanny Pat has to say;
"We live in the Lakes Region area in N.H. and have lived in 4 towns in N.H. for 51 years, and we love this State in the USA. We have 5 grandchildren, from 21 to 7, and they are the "Apple" of our eyes. We are always cooking something when they come to visit, and pray they will have those memories forever. The winters are getting challenging as we grow older though. Enjoy my jalapeno jelly recipe, it's a keeper! and let me know how you like it."
Recipe by Pat Milton
10 - 15 minutes
6 - 8 Jars
1 & ½ Cups Vinegar (Cider or White)
6 & ½ Cups Sugar
2 & ¾ Cups Minced Jalapeño Peppers (seeded & Minced)
1 tsp. Butter
1 Pouch (3 fl oz) Certo Liquid Pectin
1. Boil vinegar and sugar together in a saucepan, making sure it comes to a full rolling boil.
2. Clean, de-seed and chop the peppers into small cubes (see photo below)
3. Add Peppers & 1 teaspoon of butter and bring to a boil again.
4. Stir in Pectin and boil for 1 Full Minute.
5. Pour into Glass Jars and Cap.
6. Wipe down Jars. If you would like to keep the jelly for up to 12 months, you should place the jars at this stage into boiling water for 10 minutes.
7. Leave Upright on Counter, without touching until all have Sealed. (the tops will pop one at a time, then they are sealed).
Serve with softened cream cheese to spread on crackers, and add a dollop of jelly on top. Yum!
See here if you would like to learn about the canning process (from Step 2 of the instructions). This method will be suitable if you wish to store the sauce for up to 12 months.
Please be aware that recipes shared by readers of this page are not endorsed, checked or tested by Lovefoodies. Always follow USDA home canning recommendations.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of Nanny's Jalapeno Jelly recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1 ½ Cups Vinegar (Cider or White)
- 6 ½ Cups Sugar
- 2 ¾ Cups Minced Jalapeño Peppers (seeded & Minced)
- 1 tsp. Butter
- 1 Pouch (3 fl oz) Certo Liquid Pectin
- Boil Vinegar & Sugar together, making sure it comes to a full rolling boil. Whilst waiting, clean, de - seed and chop the peppers into small cubes (see photo below)
- Add Peppers & 1 tsp. Butter and bring to a boil again.
- Stir in Pectin and boil 1 Full Minute.
- Pour into Glass Jars & Cap. Wipe down Jars. If you would like to keep the jelly for up to 12 months, you should place the jars at this stage into boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Leave Upright on Counter, w/o touching until all have Sealed. (the tops will pop one at a time, then they are sealed).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Jar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 670Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 170gFiber: 1gSugar: 163gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate