Pickled Pepper Rings - Grab some peppers and make a few jars of these Pickled Peppers. Great for gifts or parties, game nights etc with cold cuts.
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodies supporters, Cathy Kopp.
Cathy is always busy in her garden harvesting all kinds of wonderful fruits and vegetables.
Here, Cathy's harvested some Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers (similar to banana peppers). These are similar to the ones we get on our Italian sub or on a pizza from a sub or pizza shop in the US.
You can of course use this pickle recipe for other vegetables you wish, so it's very flexible! Cathy has been lucky enough to have a bumper harvest this year and has made this recipe up to share with us all.
Thanks Cathy for showing us one of your favourite family recipes.
Recipe by Cathy Kopp
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 half-pints
For the Brine:
2 Cups white vinegar
2 Cups water
½ Cup sugar
Turmeric (just a little bit, just to color brine slightly, or just omit)
For the jars
Per pint jar (double if using quarts):
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. pickling salt
1 tsp. vegetable oil
(if you want a dill flavor, you can also add a small head of fresh dill - I don't use)
1. Bring to a boil the first 4 ingredients.
2. Wash peppers and cut into rings, removing any seeds.
3. Place garlic, dill, salt, and oil into sterilized jars; pack in peppers.
4. Pour hot brine over, leaving ¼ inch headspace.
5. Wipe rims, seal and hot water bath for 10 min.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
NOTE: Please be aware that recipes shared by readers of this page are not endorsed, checked or tested by Lovefoodies. Always follow USDA home canning recommendations.
- 2 Cups white vinegar
- 2 Cups water
- ½ Cup sugar
- Turmeric (just a little bit just to color brine slightly, or just omit)
- pint Per jar : double if using quarts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp . pickling salt
- 1 tsp . vegetable oil
- t (if you want a dill flavor you can also add a small head of fresh dill - I don' use)
- Bring to a boil the first 4 ingredients.
- Wash peppers and cut into rings, removing any seeds.
- Place garlic, dill, salt, and oil into sterilized jars; pack in peppers.
- Pour hot brine over, leaving ¼ inch headspace.
- Wipe rims, seal and hot water bath for 10 min.