Special Cranberry Chutney, a wonderful recipe loaded with cranberries, apple, orange, golden raisins and pecans. Quick to make and great for freezing too! Serve as part of a dinner or with cold cuts.
Oh my goodness! This recipe for Special Cranberry Chutney really is VERY SPECIAL! When you take a look at the ingredients you will see just why.
This Christmas cranberry recipe is bursting with lovely flavours of apple, orange, raisins and of course cranberries.
To add a little texture and bite, there's a nice measure of chopped pecans too.
This chutney is even freezer-friendly, so if you wanted to save some for through the year, or indeed make ahead, then this will be perfect. Freeze in portion sizes to suit your family and it's simply a case of bringing back to room temperature and hey presto! The chutney is ready for serving.
This is delicious served with a Turkey dinner, or with cold cuts, perhaps a nice cheese board, at parties... the possibilities are endless! You could also use any leftover chutney as a marinade on pork or chicken.
Thanks very much to Cathy Kopp for sharing her wonderful family recipe. It certainly is very special!
¼ cup orange juice
1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
1 ¾ cups sugar
1 large Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored, chopped
½ cup golden raisins
¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Remove the outer skin from the orange and chop into fine pieces.
2. In a pan, add all the ingredients EXCEPT the nuts and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for about 5 to 8 minutes or until you see the cranberries burst. Stir occasionally. Then remove from heat and add the chopped nuts.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and allow to cool then refrigerate until serving time.
TIP: If you have any surplus, you can freeze this nicely. Simply divide in to portions and bring to room temperature when you wish to serve.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1 orange
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored, chopped
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Remove the outer skin from the orange and chop in to fine pieces.
- In a pan, add all the ingredients EXCEPT the nuts and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for about 5 to 8 minutes or until you see the cranberries burst. Stir occasionally. Then remove from heat and add the chopped nuts.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and allow to cool then refrigerate until serving time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 544Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 128gFiber: 7gSugar: 112gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate