Deliciously gooey and decadent white chocolate brownies with pecan nuts and cranberries for a festive twist. Crispy outer layer, dense and fudgy inside, just as a brownie should be.
White Chocolate, Pecan, and Cranberry Brownies! My goodness, these little morsels are so delicious!
First, you get the lovely aroma when they are baking, and then once you bite into one.... well, first you get the crispy crust and then the slightly chewy inside of the brownie with the cranberries, in contrast with the gentle crunch of the pecan nuts.
Some also know these as blondies because you use white chocolate instead of milk or dark chocolate. Either way, they're delicious!
I have used dried cranberries in this recipe because I also wanted an extra chewy texture and also a little sharpness to contrast the sweetness from the white chocolate.
Cranberries and white chocolate is a lovely flavor combination, so be sure to take a look at our other recipes using white chocolate and cranberries. So good!
I have to say, the flavor combination is just wonderful! Of course, if you can't have nuts in your diet, then you can also make this recipe without. It will still be delicious!
These brownies, or blondies as they're also called, make for a great treat at Christmas time. They're certainly festive and you can wrap them in some clear festive plastic film paper and tie a ribbon around them and give them as gifts.
Check out our handy Oven Temperature Conversion Guide!
It's a very easy recipe and doesn't take long to make. I made these to take to some friends for a picnic and there were great reviews all around with double thumbs up.
As for storage, these brownies will keep nicely in an air-tight container for 2 weeks, although they never last that long in our house!
you can also freeze them. We suggest you cut them into portions, plastic wrap in 2 or 3 pieces tightly, and place them in a zip lock bag. That way you can just get out a couple at a time if you wish.
It's certainly a keeper recipe. So let's get straight to the recipe and see how we make these delicious Brownies. Please enjoy!
30 - 40 minutes
You will need
9 x 13 inch pan
2 cups or 300 g Pecan nuts, roughly chopped
1 ½ cups or 180 g Dried cranberries
7 oz or 200 g white chocolate, melted
1 cup or 200 g butter
2 ½ cups or 500 g regular sugar
2 cups or 250 g All-Purpose or Plain Flour
NOTE: You can halve this recipe and bake in an 8 x 8-inch square pan.
1. Grease and line your 9 x 13-inch square baking pan and preheat oven to 175 C / 325 F / Gas 3
2. Beat sugar & eggs until light.
3. Melt butter & chocolate in the microwave in 20-second intervals until completely melted. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate in a bowl over water on the stove top.
4. Combine flour and salt and add to egg mixture.
5. Add chocolate & butter, mix well.
6. Break the pecan nuts using the end of a rolling pin, I like mine quite chunky and without all the crumbs. Then spoon them into the batter, together with the dried cranberries
7. Pour batter into the baking tin and bake for 30 - 40 minutes. Check with a skewer the center is not runny.
8. Allow them to cool on a rack and cut into squares after they have cooled. If you try and cut them whilst they are still hot, they will be too gooey, and you can't cut them nicely.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
White Chocolate and Pecan Cranberry Brownies (Blondies)
Deliciously gooey and decadent white chocolate brownies with pecan nuts and cranberries for a festive twist. Crispy outer layer, dense and fudge inside, just as a brownie should be.
- 2 cups or 300 g Pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups or 180 g Dried cranberries
- 7 oz or 200 g white chocolate, melted
- 1 cup or 200 g butter
- 2 ½ cups or 500 g regular sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups or 250 g All Purpose or Plain Flour
- pinch salt
- Grease and line your baking pan and pre heat oven to 175 C / 325 F
- Beat sugar & eggs until light.
- Melt butter & chocolate in microwave in 20 second intervals until completely melted.
- Combine flour and salt and add to egg mixture.
- Add chocolate & butter, mix well.
- Break the pecan nuts using the end of a rolling pin, I like mine quite chunky and without all the crumbs. Then spoon them into the batter together with the cranberries.
- Pour batter into the baking tin and bake for 30 - 40 minutes. Check with a skewer the center is not runny.
- Allow them to cool on a rack and cut into squares after they have cooled. If you try and cut them whilst they are still hot, they will be too gooey, and you can't cut them nice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
Delicious Brownie recipes
Here's a selection of our favorite recipes for all things brownie!
White Chocolate Cashew Brownies. A delicious brownie recipe with great flavors. Really easy recipe too!
Triple Chocolate Pecan Brownies
Triple Chocolate Pecan Brownies. These chewy soft brownies have a classic crisp outer, loaded with chocolate and pecan nuts. A sinfully rich chocolate dessert perfect for chocolate lovers
Peanut Butter Brownie Cheesecake, a popular baked cheesecake with a brownie base and peanut butter filling. Perfect for chocolate lovers and great for parties and celebrations.
'Oh So Good Brownies'..seriously, I have NEVER EVER tasted brownies like these before! They are awesome!
How to Make your Own Brownie Mix - A great idea for busy people or make up for gift packages with a bake pan and whisk! Be creative!
Chocolate Irish Cream Brownie Trifle Pie - For all you Irish Cream lovers! There's also brownies inside and on top of this delicious pie. Oh so good!
Nanny's Best Chocolate Brownie Muffins are simply yummy! It's an easy recipe and perfect for chocolate lovers!
Apple Sauce and Walnut Brownie Cake. A lovely easy recipe using no eggs or fat. It tastes amazing but without all the calories!
Nanny's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake is a keeper recipe! Easy to make and perfect for chocolate lover's.
Chocolate Mocha Brownies are wonderfully soft and chewy, flavored with coffee and a sprinkling of white chocolate. Perfect with a cup of coffee or glass of milk!
Chocolate Brownie M and M Cookies, using a cake box mix! Easy recipe and quick to make.