Deliciously gooey and decadent white chocolate brownies with pecan nuts and cranberries for a festive twist. Crispy outer layer, dense and fudgy inside, just as a brownie should be.
White Chocolate, Pecan, and Cranberry Brownies! My goodness, these little morsels are so delicious!
First, you get the lovely aroma when they are baking, and then once you bite into one.... well, first you get the crispy crust and then the slightly chewy inside of the brownie with the cranberries, in contrast with the gentle crunch of the pecan nuts.
Some also know these as blondies because you use white chocolate instead of milk or dark chocolate. Either way, they're delicious!
I have used dried cranberries in this recipe because I also wanted an extra chewy texture and also a little sharpness to contrast the sweetness from the white chocolate. Cranberries and white chocolate is a lovely flavor combination, so be sure to take a look at our other recipes using white chocolate and cranberries. So good!
I have to say, the flavor combination is just wonderful! Of course, if you can't have nuts in your diet, then you can also make this recipe without. It will still be delicious!
These brownies, or blondies as they're also called, make for a great treat at Christmas time. They're certainly festive and you can wrap them in some clear festive plastic film paper and tie a ribbon around them and give them as gifts.
It's a very easy recipe and doesnt take long to make.
I made these to take to some friends and there were great reviews all around with double thumbs up. So it's certainly a keeper recipe.
So let's get straight to the recipe and see how we make these delicious Brownies. Please enjoy!
30 - 40 minutes
You will need
9 x 13 inch pan
2 cups or 300 g Pecan nuts, roughly chopped
1 ½ cups or 180 g Dried cranberries
7 oz or 200 g white chocolate, melted
1 cup or 200 g butter
2 ½ cups or 500 g regular sugar
2 cups or 250 g All-Purpose or Plain Flour
NOTE: You can halve this recipe and bake in an 8 x 8-inch square pan.
1. Grease and line your 9 x 13-inch square baking pan and preheat oven to 175 C / 325 F / Gas 3
2. Beat sugar & eggs until light.
3. Melt butter & chocolate in the microwave in 20-second intervals until completely melted. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate in a bowl over water on the stove top.
4. Combine flour and salt and add to egg mixture.
5. Add chocolate & butter, mix well.
6. Break the pecan nuts using the end of a rolling pin, I like mine quite chunky and without all the crumbs. Then spoon them into the batter, together with the dried cranberries
7. Pour batter into the baking tin and bake for 30 - 40 minutes. Check with a skewer the center is not runny.
8. Allow them to cool on a rack and cut into squares after they have cooled. If you try and cut them whilst they are still hot, they will be too gooey, and you can't cut them nicely.
- 2 cups or 300 g Pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups or 180 g Dried cranberries
- 7 oz or 200 g white chocolate, melted
- 1 cup or 200 g butter
- 2 ½ cups or 500 g regular sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups or 250 g All Purpose or Plain Flour
- pinch salt
- Grease and line your baking pan and pre heat oven to 175 C / 325 F
- Beat sugar & eggs until light.
- Melt butter & chocolate in microwave in 20 second intervals until completely melted.
- Combine flour and salt and add to egg mixture.
- Add chocolate & butter, mix well.
- Break the pecan nuts using the end of a rolling pin, I like mine quite chunky and without all the crumbs. Then spoon them into the batter together with the cranberries.
- Pour batter into the baking tin and bake for 30 - 40 minutes. Check with a skewer the center is not runny.
- Allow them to cool on a rack and cut into squares after they have cooled. If you try and cut them whilst they are still hot, they will be too gooey, and you can't cut them nice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g