How to Make your Own Brownie Mix - A great idea for busy people or make-up for gift packages with a baking pan and whisk! Be creative!
Here's a terrific Idea for you all! How to Make your Own Brownie Mix. This is easy and convenient and great if you wanted to make up a few bags to store or give away to your children / grandchildren, if they're just starting off living away from home. You can use ziplock bags or air tight jars. It's also much nicer than store bought box mixes!
In the photo, you will see I've made up the dry ingredients in the jar, and then simply printed the recipe and rolled it in to a tube, and added a couple of bars of chocolate. It certainly makes a nice gift and you can personalise it how you like!
You can simply print out the recipe below on some nice coloured paper and roll it up and tie with a piece of string.
For the bag or jar:
- 1 1/2 Cups or 325 g Sugar
- 1 Cup or 125 g All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of Salt
At Baking Time Add:
- 2/3 Cup or 100 g Chocolate, melted
- 1/2 Cup or 100 g Butter, melted
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Simply add the 'Bag or jar' ingredients to a zip lock or air tight container, and don't forget to write on the bag what it is!
- When it is time for baking, in one bowl, add the chocolate, eggs, butter and vanilla and whisk until all combined.
- Then mix in the bag of dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, and bake at 325 F or 175 C for 30 - 40 minutes in an 8 x 8 Baking Pan.
- Check if done by poking a skewer in the centre and make sure it comes out clean. Every oven will vary with cook times.
You can also add 1 cup of roughly chopped walnuts to the recipe and add just before you stir in the flour
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate