Here’s a terrific Idea for you all! How to Make your Own Brownie Mix. This is easy and convenient and great if you wanted to make up a few bags to store or give away to your children / grandchildren, if they’re just starting off living away from home. You can use ziplock bags or air tight jars. It’s also much nicer than store bought box mixes!
In the photo, you will see I’ve made up the dry ingredients in the jar, and then simply printed the recipe and rolled it in to a tube, and added a couple of bars of chocolate. It certainly makes a nice gift and you can personalise it how you like!
You can simply print out the recipe below on some nice coloured paper and roll it up and tie with a piece of string.
- 1 1/2 Cups or 325 g Sugar
- 1 Cup or 125 g All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2/3 Cup or 100 g Chocolate melted
- 1/2 Cup or 100 g Butter melted
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Simply add the 'Bag or jar' ingredients to a zip lock or air tight container, and don't forget to write on the bag what it is!
- When it is time for baking, in one bowl, add the chocolate, eggs, butter and vanilla and whisk until all combined.
- Then mix in the bag of dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, and bake at 325 F or 175 C for 30 - 40 minutes in an 8 x 8 Baking Pan.
- Check if done by poking a skewer in the centre and make sure it comes out clean. Every oven will vary with cook times.