Tear and share garlic parmesan bread, loaded with cheese and garlic, using refrigerated biscuits, baked in a bundt pan. A perfect side dish to share at a party.
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of your very first Lovefoodie supporters, Bonnie Price.
Bonnie loves Pasta dishes and so she's made this delicious recipe to go with some pasta. It's called 'Tear n Share' simply because you put the whole bread on the dinner table to share, and everybody just digs in and tears a piece off!
The recipe itself is super easy and uses refrigerated biscuits, or ready-made bread dough if you can't get biscuit dough where you live.
The raw biscuit dough is tossed in a lovely mixture of garlic, parmesan cheese, and rosemary, then arranged in a bundt pan and baked in the oven. that's pretty much all the preparation needed to get this delicious cheesy bread ready for serving.
As far as freezing goes, we would recommend tossing the raw dough in the cheese and garlic first, and then either freezing in the bundt pan or popping the flavored biscuits in a freezer bag and arranging them in the bundt pan once defrosted and ready to bake.
You can freeze this once baked, but it may dry out a little when you come to reheat it, so it's better to freeze it whilst the dough is still raw. After all, there's nothing worse than dry bread!
For this recipe, we've used Parmesan cheese, as this was served alongside a simple spaghetti bolognese. You could use any cheese, for example, a sharp cheddar, or a grated mozzarella cheese, or a flavored cheese like pepper jack.
For the herbs, again, feel free to use what you prefer. A shake of mixed Italian herbs, or tarragon for a more aniseed flavor. Even sprinkle in some chili seeds or paprika spice to add a little kick!
You can also add a variety of other ingredients and turn it into a pizza, like our Tear n Share Pizza recipe. It's super easy and great for parties!
Recipe by Bonnie Price
20 - 22 minutes
4 - 6 Persons
1 can of refrigerated Grands biscuits or store brand LARGE biscuits - I used Stater Bros.
½ stick / 2 oz / 60 g of butter
4 cloves of garlic, minced
½ cup / 50 g grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp Dried Rosemary (you can also choose another herb of your choice)
1.Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 180 C / Gas 4 . Put the cold ½ stick of butter in a bundt pan and let it melt in the preheating oven.
2. While the butter melts, cut the biscuits into quarters. In a bowl, toss the biscuit pieces, garlic, rosemary, and Parmesan cheese together.
3. Once the butter is melted, add the biscuit mixture, sprinkling with any cheese and garlic that gets left behind in the bowl.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20- 22 minutes until golden brown. Turn out on a dish and just simply Share n Tear!
UPDATE from feedback, John Celestre has made this recipe by swapping the butter in the bottom of the pan with nonstick Olive Oil Spray and said it came out perfect without any sticking, so there’s another option for you all! Thank you, John!
TIP -Do NOT over bake-the dough in the bottom of the tin as it is browning about 10 X’s faster than the top. Stick to the posted baking time
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1 can of refrigerated Grands biscuits or store brand LARGE biscuits - I used Stater Bros.
- ½ oz stick / 2 / 60 g of butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup / 50 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary, you can also choose another herb of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 180 C / Gas 4 .
- Put the cold ½ stick of butter in a bundt pan and let it melt in the preheating oven.
- While the butter melts, cut the biscuits into quarters. In a bowl, toss the biscuit pieces, garlic, rosemary, and Parmesan cheese together.
- Once the butter is melted, add the biscuit mixture, sprinkling with any cheese and garlic that gets left behind in the bowl.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20- 22 minutes until golden brown. Turn out on a dish and just simply Share n Tear!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 436mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate