Cinnamon Raisin Bread. A nice easy bread to make, using your bread maker or oven. Delicious toasted and served warm with some butter.
Cinnamon Raisin Bread. Oh my! This is a lovely easy recipe which you can make in a bread machine.
The texture of the bread is lovely and soft and with the addition of raisins and cinnamon, imagine the aroma when this is baking!
I love to eat this cinnamon and raisin bread sliced and toasted and then a delicious spread of butter on the top whilst the toast is still hot. It makes for a perfect breakfast or as a snack.
I’ve also used this bread to make French Toast. I used our Blueberry Bread And Butter recipe for the egg mixture amounts and slices of cinnamon raisin bread. So delicious!
This tasty recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Carina. She’s always coming up with great recipes, and here we have Carina’s Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Carina tells me she has adapted this recipe from the instruction book which came with her Breadmaker. She has made this recipe using the machine, and also in the oven, so you can choose which way you prefer!
If you don’t have a bread machine or a mixer, we have a great tutorial here on how to knead, rise and shape dough by hand. It’s very straightforward, you just need a little effort with the kneading of the dough.
So let’s get straight to the recipe and see how to make this lovely cinnamon raisin bread. Please enjoy!
Recipe by Carina Duclos
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
1 2/3 cups water
3 tbsp powdered milk
3 tbsp shortening or butter
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 1/4 cups white flour – Strong bread flour is best but you can use All Purpose.
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup raisins
4 tsp yeast
Instructions For the Bread maker :
The settings are quick bread and light crust
Instructions For Oven :
1. Add the ingredients to a stand mixer in the order listed. Mix until all well combine and your dough is elastic.
2. Transfer to the bread pan, cover with a towel or even better with plastic wrap and let it rise for 30 minutes.
3. Place in oven at 350 F for about 30 minutes, it will depend on the pan you use so will be ready when it looks light brown. ( use photo as a reference.)
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Here are a few more of our very popular bread recipes for you to enjoy!
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 3 tbsp powdered milk
- 3 tbsp shortening or butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 1/4 cups white flour - Strong bread flour is best but you can use All Purpose.
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 tsp yeast
- The settings are quick bread and light crust
- Add the ingredients to a stand mixer in the order listed. Mix until all well combine and your dough is elastic.
- Transfer to the bread pan, cover with a towel or even better with plastic wrap and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Place in oven at 350 F for about 30 minutes, it will depend on the pan you use so will be ready when it looks light brown.
Please note, prep and cook times will vary depending on your bread maker.