Homemade Sweet Beer Bread, a very easy recipe using just 4 ingredients, soft, slightly sweet bread, ideal with soups, dips, or simply a spread of butter on a slice.
Sweet Beer Bread! This is a lovely homemade no yeast bread recipe. It's super easy to make and uses basic pantry ingredients. This beer bread doesn't require any kneading, simply mix up the ingredients and bake! How easy is that?!
What does beer bread go well with?
A couple of chunky slices of sweet beer bread tastes so good with a hot bowl of cheesy soup, or tomato soup. Actually any kind of soup!
If you love grilled cheese sandwiches, slice up some sweet beer bread and use that instead. The fluffiness and taste of the beer bread tastes amazing with grilled cheese.
Does beer need to be warm for beer bread?
Both warm and cold beer work absolutely fine for this recipe
How to Store Beer Bread
Store beer bread at room temperature for up to 3 days
What can I use instead of beer in beer bread?
If you don't care for beer or don't have any to hand, you can also use plain club soda or seltzer water.
For those of you thinking of serving this to children, it's absolutely fine. During baking, the alcohol from the beer is cooked off so you're left with the flavor of the beer but no alcohol. You can change the flavors, depending on what beer you choose. So a lighter beer will give you a milder flavor, and a heavier beer, like stout, will give you a deeper, richer flavor.
Recipe by Jana Klaner Matson
Approx 55 minutes
4 - 6 Persons
3 cups self-rising flour
½ cup sugar
12 ounces beer (any kind)
2 tablespoons melted butter
1.Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 180 C / Gas 4.
2. Melt the butter (can use the microwave; melt 30 seconds at a time, stir in between).
3. Butter a loaf pan (use a brush to paint all of the inside) and set it aside. You will use the rest of the melted butter later.
4. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and beer and mix thoroughly.
Keep in mind that the less you mix the batter, the lighter the bread will be. The mixture should be sticky. If it’s too dry, you can mix in a splash of water.
5. Pour into the loaf pan (shape into loaf shape) and bake for 52 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, brush the top of the loaf with the remaining butter, and return to oven for the last 3 minutes of baking.
If you would like to make these in a muffin pan, reduce the cook time to around 25 minutes, test to see if the centers are done!
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 12 ounces beer, any kind
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 180 C / Gas 4 .
- Melt the butter (can use microwave; melt 30 seconds at a time, stir in between).
- Butter a loaf pan (use a brush to paint all of the inside) and set aside. You will use the rest of the melted butter later.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and beer and mix thoroughly - keep in mind that the less you mix the batter, the lighter the bread will be. The mixture should be sticky; if too dry, you can mix in a splash of water.
- Pour into the loaf pan (shape into loaf shape) and bake for 52 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush the top of the loaf with the remaining butter, and return to oven for the last 3 minutes of baking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Honey-Can-Do 2592 Paper Loaf Pan, 25-Pack, 8-Inches x 2.5-Inches x 2-Inches
Wilton 2105-6806 Perfect Results Large Nonstick Loaf Pan, 9.25 by 5.25-Inch, Silver
Wilton Perfect Results Non-Stick Mini Loaf Pan, 8-Cavity
Plastic Rectangular Bread Box with Portable Handle 13inch Translucent Cake Container Box for Dry or Fresh Foods Loaf Cake Keeper (Pink)
White Disposable Loaf Bread Baking Liners (Pack of 2, 24 Liners Total) Rectangle, Non-Stick Paper Liners For Baking, Kitchen Tools For Baking Cake & Bread
Paper Baking Mini Loaf Pan by Kitchen Supply, 4 x 2 x 2 inch, Set of 25
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 loaf
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2071Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 4672mgCarbohydrates: 391gFiber: 10gSugar: 101gProtein: 39g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate