Thyme and Sundried Tomato Bread. A lovely bread recipe, great to have on it's own or with a salad, cold cuts, or soup!
Thyme and Sun dried Tomato Bread. Oh boy! This is a winner bread recipe for sure! The flavors are simply delicious.
This lovely homemade bread gives a thin crust and a fluffy texture inside.
It's a great bread for serving alongside soup and casseroles, such as our easy Poor man's Stew, or simply sliced with a spread of butter, cream cheese or some pickles or chutneys. Use our sundried tomato bread to make up some delicious Open faced Sandwiches for a lunch or party. So delicious!
Carina tells me she has adapted this recipe from one of her favorite cookbooks and has made some really good instructions and tips for us for how we can have this perfectly tasty and wonderful bread!
So let's get straight to the recipe and see how to make Carina's Thyme and Sun Dried Tomato Bread. Please enjoy!
Recipe by Baking Bible - Parragon Books UK and adapted by Carina Duclos
2 & ½ hrs (includes rise time)
40 minutes (approximate)
3 ½ cups flour
1 tsp salt
3 tsp active dry yeast
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp thyme ( chopped fresh or dry) .
Scant 1 cup lukewarm water.
What I do is use 1 cup and then while mixing I add just little tsp of water until all comes nicely together
4 Tbsp olive oil - Use Olive oil as the flavor is great!
1 ½ cups sun-dried tomatoes
1. In the stand mixer bowl, stir flour and salt together and stir in the yeast, sugar, sun-dried tomatoes, and thyme.
Pour the water and the olive oil and mix at low speed with the dough hook until the dough becomes elastic and smooth (5 to 10 minutes).
While doing this is I add a small tsp of water until it all comes together.
Please note: you do not need to make the yeast in water first, just add everything to the bowl as in Step 1
2. Brush a bowl with oil and transfer the dough to the oiled bowl. Cover and let it rise for about an hour and a half. The dough should be doubled in volume.
3. When doubled, punch dough down to deflate it and divide in two and shape them in a round or oval shape ( really the shape is up to you).
I like round and that is what I did. Place the balls on a cookie sheet with parchment paper, cover them with a towel and let them rest again for about 45 minutes to one hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
5. If desired brush the loaves with egg wash (beaten egg yolk and water).
6. Bake them for about 40 minutes.
Carina's Top Tips:
- Loaves should sound hollow when tapped on the bottom with your knuckles.
- You can add one cup of cut olives to the mix while adding the water and the oil.
- Cut a slice when it is still warm, spread some butter and mmmm mmmm mmmm
Here's a great video if you would like to see how to knead bread by hand
Thyme and Sundried Tomato Bread
Thyme and Sundried Tomato Bread. A lovely bread recipe, great to have on its own or with a salad, cold cuts, or soup. Make sandwiches, use with dips, chutneys, the possibilities are endless! or Simply serve sliced with a spread of butter. Yummy!
- 3 & ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp thyme ., chopped fresh or dry
- cup Scant 1 lukewarm water. What I do is use 1 cup and then while mixing I add just little tsp of water until all comes nicely together
- 4 Tbsp olive oil - Use Olive oil as the flavour is great!
- 1 & ½ cups sun dried tomatoes
- In the stand mixer bowl, stir flour and salt together and stir in the yeast, the sugar, sun dried tomatoes and thyme. Pour the water and the olive oil and mix at low speed with the dough hook until dough becomes elastic and smooth (5 to 10 minutes). While doing this is I add a small tsp of water until it all comes together.
**** Please note: you do not need to make the yeast in water first, just add everything to the bowl as in Step 1.
- Brush a bowl with oil and transfer the dough to the oiled bowl. Cover and let it rise for about an hour and half. Dough should doubled in volume.
- When doubled, punch dough down to deflate it and divide in two and shape them in a round or oval shape ( really the shape is up to you). I like round and that is what I did. Place the balls on a cookie sheet with parchment paper, cover them with a towel and let them rest again for about 45 minutes to one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- If desired brush the loafs with egg wash (beaten egg yolk and water).
- Bake then for about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1 Slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
Delicious Bread Recipes
Here's a selection of delicious bread recipes you can make at home.
ALOHA BREAD! I made the recipe super easy for you, the rolls are sweet, soft, and oh yes..... they even say Aloha when you bite into them!
Cheesy Pretzel Bites. These Cheesy Pretzel Bites are made using pizza dough, easy and quick recipe. Ideal Game Day party food and eating with hot dips. Recipe for savory and sweet pretzels.
Pani Popo (Samoan Coconut Bread Rolls).
Pani Popo are deliciously soft, fluffy Samoan coconut bread buns, baked in a sweet and thick coconut sauce. Sticky soft bread rolls, ideal for breakfast, dessert or as a snack
Mini Donut Balls.
Delicious homemade mini donut balls, rolled in cinnamon and sugar, using a poolish starter to give tender and flavorful dough. Easy recipe and great for parties
No-Knead Heritage Bread recipe, a lovely soft bread, a mix of white and whole wheat flour, and a variety of seeds. Delicious served warm with a big bowl of soup or simply in slices with a generous spread of butter.
Easy Rye Bread. This is a lovely straightforward bread recipe for rye bread which gives you a soft bread texture. Great to eat on it's own or use for sandwiches. Freezer friendly too!
Homemade Sweet Beer Bread, very easy recipe using just 4 ingredients, soft, slightly sweet bread, ideal with soups, dips, or simply a spread of butter on a slice.
Soft Bread Rolls. Make up a batch of these to go with your BBQ, salads etc. These are light, soft and freezer friendly too!
Bannock Fry Bread Taco. Easy recipe and great for parties, game nights etc
Orange Brioche bread, luxuriously soft and buttery, with a hint of orange throughout.Great for snacks, sandwiches, French Toast or to simply eat warm from the oven as they are.
Cinnamon Raisin Bread. A nice easy bread to make, using your bread maker or oven. Delicious toasted and served warm with some butter. This is also great to make French Toast, YUMMY!
The Best Homemade Challah Bread ever! Soft and so delicious, braided Jewish bread with poppy and sesame seeds. Popular on Sabbath and Jewish holidays
Garlic & Herb Flat Bread. A wonderful easy recipe which is versatile enough to allow you to choose the herbs and flavors you enjoy the most!
Crusty Philadelphia Italian Bread,easy homemade recipe and great for Cheese Steak Sandwiches, cutting into slices and using in dips..fantastic party food too!
Orange and Cinnamon Swirly Bread
Orange and Cinnamon Swirly Bread, made from scratch, easy recipe. Soft, sticky, creamy, rolls, perfect for the holiday season, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE SWIRLY BREAD .... oh my! Seriously soft, sticky, creamy yummy! Happy baking!
How To Make Gozleme, Turkish Bread.
Learn how to make Gozleme, Turkish Bread. It's a type of flatbread, filled with a variety of savory ingredients and often eaten as street food. Easy step by step recipe for a delicious snack
Easy Cinnamon Rolls. A deliciously sweet, soft sticky bun with a great vanilla glaze. These are so delicious warm from the oven with some maple syrup poured over too!
Bacon & Cheese Soft Rolls - Super delicious when eaten fresh from the oven when the cheese is melting!
Light, fluffy, soft, vanilla custard filled buns. Eat these sweet bread buns warm or cold, I like them just from the oven! Freezer friendly too
Delicious English Muffins. English bread recipe, often eaten for breakfast. Serve warm with butter! You can eat these sweet or savory! Freezer friendly too! Simple recipe
Cinnamon & Raisin English Muffins - Delicious opened and served warm with a nice spread of butter on each half! Easy stove top recipe.
Easy Hot Cross Buns are a wonderfully soft, sweet, spiced bun, traditionally made for Easter time.
Serve warm or cold, split open, toast and spread some butter and your favourite jam! Delicious!
Tear and share garlic parmesan bread, loaded with cheese and garlic, using refrigerated biscuits, baked in a bundt pan. A perfect side dish to share at a party
Tear and Share Pizza is a delicious recipe made using biscuit dough, mozzarella, pepperoni and pizza sauce. Simply tear a piece off and pass around with your friends and family
Montreal Style Bagels, delicious homemade bagels. A wonderful soft bread, sweetened with honey and topped with sesame seeds. Easy instructions and freezer friendly too!