Corn and Cucumber Picnic Salad. A very simple yet great tasting salad and perfect for the holidays!
Corn and Cucumber Picnic Salad. Gosh! This is such a popular recipe all year round, whether it’s for a Thanksgiving table or a summer picnic, whenever you make this, it always goes fast and everyone asks for the recipe! July the 4th is always a very popular time to make this and any of you who do tailgating, this is a perfect salad to pop in your coolbox and take with you!
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodies supporters, Cathy Kopp. Cathy is always cooking delicious Homemade dishes and just loves to cook.
Here, Cathy’s Corn and Cucumber Picnic Salad is incredibly easy and a real family hit! It’s a great dish to take along to a potluck, have as party food, plus you can make it ahead and keep refrigerated. You can be a little flexible with the ingredients, obviously, the corn and cucumber need to go in as they are the main ingredients for this delicious salad, but feel free to swap the peppers for a variety of different colors, or add some chopped celery or tomato too!
So let’s get straight to the recipe and see how we make Cathy’s famous corn and cucumber picnic salad.
Thanks Cathy for showing us one of your favourite family recipes.
Recipe by Cathy Kopp
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: Nil
Yield: A crowd!
6 ears fresh corn or 3 cups frozen corn
3 cucumbers chopped
1 red pepper chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 red onion chopped
1-1/2 cups Italian dressing
2 Tbl vinegar
2 Tbl lemon juice
2 tsp sugar or sweetener
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1. Cook corn until tender.
Rinse under cold running water or put in an ice bath; drain well.
2. Chop cucumber, red and green peppers, and onion. Add to corn in large bowl.
3. In a small bowl mix salad dressing with the remaining ingredients then pour over corn mixture and toss well.
4. Chill 2 hours before serving.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our corn and cucumber picnic salad recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Some more delicious salads for you to try
- 6 cups ears fresh corn or 3 frozen corn
- 3 cucumbers chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Italian dressing
- 2 Tbl vinegar
- 2 Tbl lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar or sweetener
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cook corn until tender. Rinse under cold running water or put in an ice bath; drain well.
- Chop cucumber, red and green peppers, and onion. Add to corn in large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix salad dressing with the remaining ingredients then pour over corn mixture and toss well.
- Chill 2 hours before serving.
More From Lovefoodies For You To Enjoy