Simple Refreshing Salad. Simple ingredients using apple, cucumber, and tomato combined with a lovely easy yogurt dressing makes for a deliciously refreshing salad.
Simple Refreshing Salad! This is a really easy and quick recipe for making a side salad, and the combination of the 3 simple salad ingredients I use cucumber, tomato, and Granny Smith apples is delightful!
The crunch from the apple and cucumber and the burst of juicy tomato, all mixed with a slight sharpness of taste from the apple is delicious!
It is lovely after it has chilled in the fridge, however, if your salad ingredients are already chilled then this can be served immediately!
I often make this because it's simple, I usually always have these ingredients handy and it just goes great with so many things.
For the dressing, I've made it light, so I used fat-free plain yogurt, you can of course use mayonnaise if you want to.
Delicious with BBQ's, picnics or indeed anything!
If you have any lime or lemon yogurt leftover, you can also use it to make these delicious lime marinated chicken drumsticks for the BBQ!
1/2 a cucumber, chopped into cubes
2 medium tomatoes, cubed
2 Granny Smith Apples, cored, and cubed. (leave the skin on for a delicious crunch)
2 Tablespoons Fat-Free Plain Yogurt. (You can also use lemon or lime flavored yogurt)
A Squeeze of lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper to your taste.
1. Add all the tomato, cucumber, and apple to your serving bowl. Add the yogurt and squeeze of lemon juice.
2. Stir gently to coat the salad with the yogurt and add a little salt and pepper. Taste it and see if you would like to add more lemon juice, salt, pepper to your taste.
3. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1/2 inch cucumber, chopped into cubes
- 2 Medium tomatoes, cubed
- 2 leave Granny Smith Apples, cored, and cubed. ( the skin on for a delicious crunch)
- 2 Tablespoons Fat Free Plain Yogurt., You can also use lemon or lime flavored yogurt
- Squeeze of lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to your taste
- Add all tomato, cucumber and apple to your serving bowl. Add the yogurt and squeeze of lemon juice.
- Stir gently to coat the salad with the yogurt and add a little salt and pepper.
- Taste it and see if you would like to add more lemon juice, salt, pepper to your taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Large Stoneware Salad Serving Bowl, 78oz/11inch Embossed Multicolor Mexican Floral Design, with 2 Bamboo Salad Hands
KooK Double Wall Serving Bowl - 11 Inch Hammered Style - Stainless Steel (Soup, Cooked Food, Salads, Fruit)
Annovero Cereal Bowls – Set of 6 Porcelain Bowls for Soup, Salad, Rice, or Pasta, 6.25 Inch Diameter, 23 Fluid Ounce (2.75 Cup) Capacity
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 59Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate