Creamy Egg and Potato Salad, buttery baby potatoes and egg combined in a creamy mayonnaise and pickle sauce, great tasting and popular at potlucks and parties.
Here's a quick recipe for you all! It is called Creamy Egg and Potato Salad. It's so easy and delicious!
People are often looking for recipes that have nice flavours, and different from the 'same old' salad we always seem to make.
Our foodie, Peggy has made up a super creamy egg and potato salad, full of great flavours, and when combined, you get a creamy flavour, and diners come back for second helpings! So let's see how Peggy makes this family favourite and please enjoy Peggy's Creamy Egg and Potato Salad.
Recipe from Peggy Mitchell
optional 1 hr for chilling
6 - 8 Persons
Ingredients you'll need
- Yellow baby potatoes - cooked
- Sweet Relish (like pickled cucumber/gherkin, that goes with hot dogs etc, similar to a chutney)
- Parsley, finely chopped
- Scallions, chopped
- Cayenne pepper or paprika
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp pepper
- Granulated sugar
- Hard-boiled eggs - diced or sliced to your preference
1. Combine all ingredients minus potatoes and eggs.
2. Refrigerate for an hour to let all ingredients marry together.
3. Cool eggs and potatoes and dice them.
4. Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl and your salad is ready to serve. You may wish to refrigerate until ready for serving.
Garnish with some fresh parsley, paprika, and scallions.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 3 lbs or 450 g of Yellow potatoes peels left on
- 1 Cup or 260 g of Mayonnaise, do not use salad dressing
- 1/4 Cup or 365 g of Sweet Relish (like pickled cucumber / gherkin, that goes with hot dogs etc, similar to a chutney)
- 2 TBS of Parsley
- 2 TBS of Dijon Mustard
- 2 Scallions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp of granulated sugar
- 4 hard boiled eggs diced or sliced
- Combine all ingredients minus potatoes and eggs.
- Refrigerate for an hour to let all ingredients marry together.
- Cool eggs and potatoes and dice or slice them.
- Combine all the ingredients together in large bowl and your salad is ready to serve. You may wish to refrigerate until ready for serving.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley, scallions and a sprinkle of paprika
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Large Stoneware Salad Serving Bowl, 78oz/11inch Embossed Multicolor Mexican Floral Design, with 2 Bamboo Salad Hands
KooK Double Wall Serving Bowl - 11 Inch Hammered Style - Stainless Steel (Soup, Cooked Food, Salads, Fruit)
Annovero Cereal Bowls – Set of 6 Porcelain Bowls for Soup, Salad, Rice, or Pasta, 6.25 Inch Diameter, 23 Fluid Ounce (2.75 Cup) Capacity
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 1040mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate