Chicken Caesar Salad. A refreshing and wonderful tasting dish, made from scratch and easy too! Options for low calorie if you prefer.
Chicken Caesar Salad is a great way of using up leftover chicken, and with the delicious flavors and textures of all the other ingredients, you’re sure to have a wonderful salad for dinner, to take to work, or for a buffet!
I’ve made this chicken caesar salad recipe easy and flexible, so if you are counting calories, you can use some low-fat ingredients.
I often make this salad up when I have leftover chicken, and I also sometimes make up a small tub of the dressing and keep in the fridge for a couple of days so I can use it on other salads too!
It’s certainly a great tasting dish which you can serve as a nice fresh lunch, or a side dish, take to a potluck or even use turkey from your leftover Thanksgiving or Christmas day dinner.
Don’t be put off by the use of anchovies in this recipe. It is what makes up the great flavor! There is no ‘fishy’ smell or taste when you make the dressing, so my advice is, if you have picky eaters, don’t tell them it is in the ingredients. They will not notice!
I’ve made the ingredients up for a 2 person serving so it’s easier for you to multiply if you want to make more.
We’ve got a great selection of popular salad recipes here so please do take a look. They’re all really easy to make and so delicious!
1 cooked chicken breast, sliced
1/4 Roughly chopped Iceberg or Romaine Lettuce
1 tomato cubed
*If you’d like to use our recipe for Poached Chicken, it will give you a juicy, full-flavored taste and texture and is incredible quick and easy to make. Alternatively, you can bake it or use up leftover chicken or turkey!
1/2 Cup of Store-bought or homemade croutons
Here’s our easy recipe for homemade croutons if you’d like to make your own.
****** If you are counting calories, OMIT the croutons if you wish!
1 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise (or Fat-free Greek Yoghurt if counting calories)
1 -2 cloves minced Garlic
2 Anchovies, chopped fine
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese Plus a little more to go on the top of the salad.
2. In a bowl or plastic tub with a lid, add the dressing ingredients and give it a good stir or shake. Taste the dressing if you need salt. I did not add any because the anchovies are salty.
3. Slice the chicken in to bite size pieces, and also the tomato and lettuce. Place in a bowl. Add the dressing when you are ready to serve, and toss the salad so the dressing is evenly distributed.
**Please do make sure you add the dressing just before serving otherwise it will make the croutons go soggy! If you’re transporing the salad to a party then I suggest you put the dressing in a container with a strong lid and add the dressing at the event.
4. Add the croutons immediately before serving. If you add them too early they will go soggy. Also, add some Parmesan shavings or grated Parmesan if you wish!
Any leftover dressing can be stored in an airtight container for a few days.
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “lovefoodiesco-20”;amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;amzn_assoc_region = “US”;amzn_assoc_design = “enhanced_links”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B00374Q9GA”;
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “77dc82d9d5ae74e46cf3ed3a90ca123c”;
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our Chicken Caesar Salad post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Here are a few more delicious recipes for you to enjoy.
- 1 cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 1/4 Roughly chopped Iceberg or Romaine Lettuce
- 1 tomato cubed
- 1/2 Cup of Store bought or home made croutons
- ****** If you are counting calories, OMIT the croutons if you wish!
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise, or Fat free Greek Yoghurt if counting calories
- 1 -2 Cloves minced Garlic
- 2 Anchovies, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese Plus a little more to go on the top of the salad.
- If you are making your own croutons, make them first and allow to cool. * You can make these ahead of time and store in an airtight container for a few days if you prefer.
- In a bowl or plastic tub with a lid, add the dressing ingredients and give it a good stir or shake. Taste the dressing if you need salt. I did not add any because the anchovies are salty.
- Slice the chicken in to bite size pieces, and also the tomato and lettuce. Place in a bowl. Add the dressing when you are ready to serve, and toss the salad so the dressing is evenly distributed.
- Add the croutons immediately before serving. If you add them too early they will go soggy. Also add some Parmesan shavings or grated Parmesan if you wish!
- Any left over dressing can be stored in an air tight container for a few days.
- Serve chilled.
- I like to use McCormick’s Brown Sugar Bourbon mix on my chicken when I bake it. It adds a wonderful flavour and goes very nicely with this salad. Just so you know!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.