Garlic Parmesan Croutons, delicious crispy croutons, perfect for salads, soups, just in a bowl at parties, oh so many good ways to eat these! This is a very quick and easy recipe, and also flexible with the flavors.
Here, I've made garlic and Parmesan Cheese, although you could add your favorite herbs, such as parsley, thyme, oregano, or indeed some spices, such as Turmeric, paprika, cajun spice mix... actually the sky's the limit with how you want to make the taste.
I love to make my own croutons. I think, once you have done them, you won't ever go back to shop bought. They truly are delicious.
Often, croutons are used as a topping for salads, or to add when you serve soup, because of their crispy texture, it always adds another nice dimension to what you are eating.
I've also served bowls of croutons at parties, just like you would nuts or potato chips, with a variety of flavours.
They always go fast, so if you want to make these for a crowd, be sure to make plenty!
For this recipe, you will see in the photos I cut them in to cubes.
You can also use small cookie cutters and make different shapes, or cut them into long finger sizes, whatever you like!
3 - 4 Persons
Ingredients you'll need
- Bread - You can use white or brown. I prefer white but it's entirely up to you!
- Olive Oil
- Cheese - Parmesan finely grated. It's full of flavor and smells wonderful!
- Seasonings - we've used garlic salt, so be aware you won't need to add any extra salt when seasoning, just pepper if you wish.
1. Preheat oven to 200 C or 400 F
2. Remove crusts from the bread and cut in to cubes or other shapes of your choice, then place the bread in to a mixing bowl.
3. Sprinkle the garlic salt and Parmesan and the pepper. Then drizzle the olive oil all over.
4. Use a spoon or your hands, or if you feel confident, shake the bowl and toss the bread cubes so everything is nicely combined.
Spread the bread cubes evenly on the baking tray.
5. Place in the oven for about 10 minutes of until golden brown.
Keep an eye on them because they can turn from golden to burnt fast!!
When done, remove from the oven and allow to cool. Serve as desired.
These croutons will keep in an air-tight container (once cooled) for a few days and still be lovely and crunchy crispy.
Garlic Parmesan Croutons
Garlic Parmesan Croutons.
Delicious crispy croutons, perfect for salads, soups, just in a bowl at parties, oh so many good ways to eat these!
- 4 Slices of bread, crust removed. (I used white bread)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon grated fine Parmesan cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 C or 400 F.
- Remove crusts from the bread and cut in to cubes or other shapes of your choice, then place the bread in to a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the garlic salt and Parmesan and the pepper. Then drizzle the olive oil all over.
- Use a spoon or your hands, or if you feel confident, shake the bowl and toss the bread cubes so everything is nicely combined. Spread the bread cubes evenly on the baking tray.
- Place in the oven for about 10 minutes of until golden brown. Keep an eye on them because they can turn from golden to burnt fast!!
- When done, remove from the oven and allow to cool. Serve as desired.
These croutons will keep in an air tight container (once cooled) for a few days and still be lovely and crunchy crispy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 574mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
European Savory Main Meal Recipes
Here's a selection of delicious European savory main meal recipes for you to enjoy
Creamy Chicken Stroganoff is a quick and easy dinner, with delicious strips of chicken and sauteed mushrooms in a creamy sauce using low fat yogurt!
Spinach and Feta Galette, a delicious open pastry savory pie filled with Greek feta cheese creamy spinach and tomatoes, then baked until set. Great served warm or chilled.
Garden Pea and Smoked Sausage (kielbasa) Soup, made from scratch and full of flavor. Uses regular store cupboard ingredients and very easy to make.
Beef and Rice Stuffed Peppers
Beef and rice stuffed peppers are deliciously oven-roasted and filled with a mix of ground meat, rice, garlic, and seasonings making for a perfect lunch or supper.
One Pan Garlic Chicken and Rice
An easy dinner recipe with juicy chicken, cooked on the stovetop with flavors of garlic and cilantro
Classic Spanish Seafood Paella.
In this version of the classic Spanish dish, chicken, chorizo sausage, and shrimp combine with rice simmered in broth and flavored with saffron threads, garlic
Polish Cabbage and Noodles, Haluski. A very comforting and hearty meal with a delicious garlic flavor.
Cabbage Rolls, Golabki. A classic stuffed cabbage recipe, easy to make and also a vegetarian option in the recipe. A great tasting family meal.
Jagerschnitzel! This is a lovely easy recipe for Pork pan fried in butter then topped with a delicious mushroom sauce. Very popular In parts of Germany and often served with Spaetzle or pasta.
Frikadeller Meat Patties with Sauce A Delicious popular recipe originating from Denmark with tender ground meat patties and a tasty creamy sauce. Easy, homemade comfort food dinner recipe
Simple Spaghetti Bolognese, an easy dinner using fresh ingredients and full of flavor, with a homemade tomato sauce
Classic Italian Spaghetti Carbonara with cheese and bacon. A cheesy pasta dish, easy to make & a family favorite.
The BEST EVER Beer Battered Fish and Chips! Great flavours and don't forget your shake of vinegar and sprinkle of salt!
How to make a Bechamel Sauce.
Learn how to make an easy béchamel sauce. This basic white sauce recipe is rich, creamy and savory often used for a variety of dishes such as lasagna and moussaka
Beef Stroganoff. Quick and Easy dinner with a great sauce! Always a hit with the family and a really tasty recipe. Great served with pasta or rice.
British Toad in the Hole is a delicious easy Britsh dinner, with sausages baked in Yorkshire pudding a.k.a. popovers. Goes great with some homemade onion gravy.
Chicken, Garlic and Spinach Lasagna, layers of tender chicken, spinach and pasta sheets with a creamy cheesy sauce, baked until golden. Easy recipe and freezer friendly
Nanny's Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs (with Italian Sausage too!) is a popular recipe with her family. The grandkids absolutely love it! Easy to make, freezer-friendly, and always a hit!
Apple Cider Pork Chops, pan fried, juicy tender pork chops cooked with fresh herbs, apples and apple cider. An easy dinner recipe full of flavor