Strawberry and Spinach salad with a delicious poppyseed dressing is to die for! Great for parties, BBQ's and as a side dish for lunch or dinner
Strawberry and Spinach Salad. This is an amazing recipe, simple and easy to make and perfect as a side dish or to serve at parties, BBQ's and as part of a buffet.
This recipe for strawberry and spinach salad just screams Summer! Imagine those fresh juicy sweet strawberries and the crisp spinach leaves. Combine that with a delicious dressing and you have a wonderful, great tasting salad.
If you're going to a potluck, perhaps a party, or a family gathering and you need to take along a salad. Well, this is the one! Simply prepare everything, keep the dressing mixture in a separate tub. When you arrive at your party, give the dressing a good shake and pour over the salad when you're ready to serve. It's as easy as that!
Of course, we know spinach has high nutrient properties. This recipe does use sugar, however, if you wanted to be super healthy, feel free to swap the sugar for honey or something else.
We've also got another delicious salad using spinach, so good! Refreshing Grape and Spinach Salad, quick and easy to make too!
This is a very easy salad to put together, full of flavour from the fresh strawberries and spinach alone. Add to that a simple dressing of syrup and almond slivers and this salad rises to the next level!
Jeanette is always experimenting in her kitchen, with new recipes and flavour combinations. here, she's developed some extra combinations to add to a very popular strawberry and spinach salad, proving to be a huge hit with her family and friends. So let's see how Jeanette makes this delicious salad.
Recipe from Jeanette Neumann-Melone
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: zero
Yield: 4 + Persons
2 packages of baby spinach
1 container of strawberries (1lb)
½ cup / 120 ml vegetable oil
¼ cup / 60 ml white wine vinegar
½ cup / 100 g white sugar (less if you don't like super sweet)
¼ teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
½ cup / 50 g slivered (flaked) almonds toasted in a pan (or lightly sweetened with a little sugar/water in a pot until water evaporates)
1. Mix together the spinach and strawberries.
2. In another bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, paprika, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds.
3. Pour over spinach and strawberries just before serving. (you may not use all of the dressing) and sprinkle on almond slivers
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Here are a few more delicious salad recipes for you to enjoy!
- 2 packages of baby spinach
- 1 container of strawberries 1lb
- ½ cup / 120 ml vegetable oil
- ¼ cup / 60 ml white wine vinegar
- ½ cup / 100 g white sugar less if you don't like super sweet
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ½ cup / 50 g slivered almonds toasted in a pan flaked, or lightly sweetened with a little sugar/water in pot until water evaporates
- Mix together the spinach and strawberries.
- In another bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, paprika, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds.
- Pour over spinach and strawberries just before serving. (you may not use all of the dressing) and sprinkle on almond slivers