Refreshing Spinach and Grape Salad with a delicious dressing! A wonderful tasting salad high in Vitamins and Minerals. Options to also add Apple and Bacon. Always a nice combination!
Refreshing Spinach & Grape Salad
This is a very easy salad to put together, full of flavor from the fresh spinach and grapes alone. Add to that some cashew nuts and cherry tomatoes along with a simple dressing of syrup made with honey and balsamic vinegar and this salad rises to the next level!
This salad is rich in iron, Vitamin K and Vitamin C. When you put these minerals and vitamins together, it makes for quicker absorption into the body and therefore your body begins to work faster in processing all the goodies.
It's a simple salad to put together, and flexible enough to allow you to add extras if you need a boost of other vitamins and minerals. You can also add some lovely apple and crispy bacon to this salad. The possibilities are endless, so do make it your own!
The textures and tastes you get from this salad are truly pleasing and delicious!
2 packages of raw baby spinach, rinsed
1 lb Seedless green or red grapes, halved
½ cup toasted cashew nuts (or pine nuts)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ cup / 60 ml olive oil
¼ cup / 60 ml Balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon Honey
Salt & Pepper to season
1 apple, cored and sliced with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to coat (prevents browning)
3-4 rashers of cooked, crispy bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
1. Carefully rinse the spinach to remove any sand and allow it to drain in a colander. be careful not to bruise the leaves as they are so delicate. Prepare the tomatoes and grapes by slicing them in halves.
2. In a small pan, add the cashew nuts and heat them until they turn a little brown. This should only take a minute or two so keep an eye on them that they don't burn.
3. Add the tomatoes, grapes, and cashews to the salad bowl.
4. Make up the dressing in a small jug or cup by adding the oil, vinegar, honey, and salt and pepper. Taste it to see if you need more honey or seasoning. Set aside.
5. When you are ready for serving, add the spinach leaves to the salad, and gently, using your hands, toss the salad until all combined. Immediately before serving, add the dressing to the salad and combine.
*** If you add the dressing too early, the spinach will go very soft and a little slimy, so to keep it crisp and fresh, add the dressing at the very last minute.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Refreshing Spinach and Grape Salad
Refreshing Spinach & Grape Salad with a delicious dressing! A wonderful tasting salad high in Vitamins and Minerals. Options to also add Apple and Bacon. Always a nice combination!
- 2 packages of raw baby spinach, rinsed
- 1 lb Seedless green or red grapes, halved
- ½ cup toasted cashew nuts, or pine nuts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup / 60 ml olive oil
- ¼ cup / 60 ml Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Salt & Pepper to season
- 1 teaspoons apple, cored and sliced with 2 of lemon juice to coat (prevents browning)
- 3-4 in rashers of cooked, crispy bacon, cut to bite sized pieces
- Carefully rinse the spinach to remove any sand and allow to drain in a collander. be careful not to bruise the leaves as they are so delicate. Prepare the tomatoes and grapes by slicing them in halves.
- In a small pan, add the cashew nuts and heat them until they turn a little brown. This should only take a minute or two so keep an eye on them that they don't burn.
- Add the tomatoes, grapes and cashews to the salad bowl.
- Make up the dressing in a small jug or cup by adding the oil, vinegar,honey and salt and pepper. Taste it to see if you need more honey or seasoning. Set aside.
- When you are ready for serving, add the spinach leaves to the salad, and gently, using your hands, toss the salad until all combined. Immediately before serving, add the dressing to the salad and combine. *** If you add the dressing too early, the spinach will go very soft and a little slimey, so to keep it crisp and fresh, add the dressing at the very last minute.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 595mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 5gSugar: 27gProtein: 15g
Delicious Salad Ideas
Here's a selection of easy and delicious salad recipes, perfect for lunch, dinner, parties or indeed anytime!
Pasta Party Salad! It's certainly popular at party time!
Creamy Egg and Potato Salad, buttery baby potatoes and egg combined in a creamy mayonnaise and pickle sauce, great tasting and popular at potlucks and parties
Cauliflower and Pea Salad, a delicious popular creamy salad, ideal for a picnic or side dish to any meal. Very easy recipe with a homemade dressing sauce.
Classic Seafood Cocktail Sauce
A delicious seafood cocktail sauce, mild yet tangy, the perfect accompaniment to prawns, lobster, and ideal for serving as a dipping sauce or to add to a prawn cocktail.
Avocado Egg Salad is a wonderfully easy recipe and very quick to make. Serve as a salad in a bowl or with some crusty bread warm from the oven. Delicious! Great for brunch, lunch or supper or party food!
Goat's Cheese Salad with warm Herb and Walnut Vinaigrette is a wonderful fresh tasting salad and easy to make. Delicious served with some warm bread fresh from the oven too!
Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad is an easy recipe. Loaded with pieces of tender chicken, cranberries, crunchy pecans, and sweet apples. It’s great as a sandwich, as a salad, on crackers, and fantastic for parties and potlucks.
Chicken Caesar Salad is a refreshing and wonderful tasting dish, made from scratch and easy too! Options for low calorie if you prefer.
Strawberry and Spinach Salad with a delicious poppyseed dressing is to die for! Great for parties, BBQ's and as a side dish for lunch or dinner
The Best Easy Cucumber Salad. Great Flavors and always a hit! Very refreshing taste and crunch with a sweet and sour pickled juice
Simple Refreshing Salad. Simple ingredients using apple, cucumber, and tomato combined with a lovely easy yogurt dressing makes for a deliciously refreshing salad.
Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta Salad.
A delicious, easy chicken salad with an easy honey mustard dressing. Great for using leftover chicken. Serve as a lunch or dinner, alongside a buffet or BBQ.
Corn and Cucumber Picnic Salad. A very simple yet great tasting salad and perfect for the holidays!
Best Ever Pico De Gallo, Salsa Fresca, a delicious Mexican salsa, quick and easy to make with refreshing flavors of lime, jalapenos, tomatoes, and cilantro. Absolutely delicious!
Homemade Creamy Coleslaw, a delicious low-fat salad option to a popular side dish, using fresh ingredients. Ideal for BBQ's, parties and burgers!
Bill's Chicken Salad is a great family recipe, very easy to make and great tasting. Serve in lettuce wraps, sandwiches, on it's own, the sky's the limit!
Tasty Macaroni Ham Salad.
A simple and delicious recipe for macaroni ham salad, quick and easy to make, ideal as a side dish with a BBQ or main meal. Creamy, full of flavor and easily transportable for picnics too!
Deluxe Chicken Salad Wraps. These little wraps are great for parties, lunches, suppers, or any time! It's a great way to use up left over chicken (or turkey), and the recipe is nice and easy, with no fuss. Delicious!
Bacon and Asparagus Pasta Salad is a lovely simple dish, served warm or chilled as a main or side dish. Goes perfect with a BBQ too!
Easy Potluck Pasta Salad is a great potluck salad bowl, with olives, cheese, pepperoni, peppers and much more. Easy to transport, by far the best salad to take to a party!