Goat's Cheese Salad with warm Herb and Walnut Vinaigrette is a wonderfully fresh-tasting salad and easy to make. Delicious served with some warm bread fresh from the oven too!
Goat's Cheese Salad with Herb and Walnut Vinaigrette. This is a wonderful salad which is suitable for either the Summer or Winter months.
It can be served as a side, starter, or indeed the main meal and goes wonderfully with a chunk of warm bread fresh from the oven.
The addition of the warm vinaigrette poured over the salad really brings out the flavors in the salad and makes a lovely contrast of flavors with the goat's cheese and apple or pear and walnuts.
It's a very easy recipe and a dish you can prepare ahead and simply warm up the dressing just before serving. If you'd like to try another dressing, check out our lovely honey mustard dressing recipe too!
4 - 6 servings
7 oz or 200 g packs Goat's cheese
2 Packages of ready to use Continental Salad leaves (rucola etc)
1 apple or pear
A squeeze of lemon juice
½ red onion (optional), thinly sliced
½ cup whole walnuts
For the dressing:
6 tablespoons Walnut oil
¼ cup or 35g walnut pieces
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
1. Add all the dressing ingredients to the food processor and blend until combined. Then add to a saucepan.
2. Cut the apple or pear into small matchstick-size, or use a large hole grater. Place in a bowl and add a squeeze of lemon juice to stop from browning.
3. Arrange the salad leaves on a plate together with the apple or pear and crumble the goat's cheese on top. Sprinkle with the whole walnuts.
4. Warm the dressing through in the saucepan over medium heat for about a minute until heated through, and give it a stir.
5. When ready for serving, drizzle the warm dressing over the salad and serve with some warm bread from the oven!
**Please note, Goat's Cheese can often be quite salty so I have not added extra salt in this recipe. Taste and see before you serve!
Goat’s Cheese Salad with Herb and Walnut Vinaigrette
Goat's Cheese Salad with warm Herb and Walnut Vinaigrette is a wonderful fresh tasting salad and easy to make. Delicious served with some warm bread fresh from the oven too!
- 7 oz or 200 g packs Goat's cheese
- 2 leaves Packages of ready to use Continental Salad, rucola etc
- 1 apple or pear
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced, optional
- ½ cup whole walnuts
For the dressing:
- 6 tablepsoons Walnut oil
- ¼ cup or 35 g walnut pieces
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Add all the dressing ingredients to the food processor and blend until combined. Then add to a saucepan.
- Cut the apple or pear in to small matchstick size, or use a large hole grater. Place in a bowl and add a squeeze of lemon juice to stop from browning.
- Arrange the salad leaves on a plate together with the apple or pear and crumble the goats cheese on top. Sprinkle with the whole walnuts.
- Warm the dressing through in the sauce pan over a medium heat for about a minute until heated through, and give it a stir.
- When ready for serving, drizzle the warm dressing over the salad and serve with some warm bread from the oven!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 240mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 13g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
Delicious Salad Ideas
Here's a selection of easy and delicious salad recipes, perfect for lunch, dinner, parties or indeed anytime!
Pasta Party Salad! It's certainly popular at party time!
Creamy Egg and Potato Salad, buttery baby potatoes and egg combined in a creamy mayonnaise and pickle sauce, great tasting and popular at potlucks and parties
Cauliflower and Pea Salad, a delicious popular creamy salad, ideal for a picnic or side dish to any meal. Very easy recipe with a homemade dressing sauce.
Classic Seafood Cocktail Sauce
A delicious seafood cocktail sauce, mild yet tangy, the perfect accompaniment to prawns, lobster, and ideal for serving as a dipping sauce or to add to a prawn cocktail.
Avocado Egg Salad is a wonderfully easy recipe and very quick to make. Serve as a salad in a bowl or with some crusty bread warm from the oven. Delicious! Great for brunch, lunch or supper or party food!
Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad is an easy recipe. Loaded with pieces of tender chicken, cranberries, crunchy pecans, and sweet apples. It’s great as a sandwich, as a salad, on crackers, and fantastic for parties and potlucks.
Chicken Caesar Salad is a refreshing and wonderful tasting dish, made from scratch and easy too! Options for low calorie if you prefer.
Strawberry and Spinach Salad with a delicious poppyseed dressing is to die for! Great for parties, BBQ's and as a side dish for lunch or dinner
The Best Easy Cucumber Salad. Great Flavors and always a hit! Very refreshing taste and crunch with a sweet and sour pickled juice
Simple Refreshing Salad. Simple ingredients using apple, cucumber, and tomato combined with a lovely easy yogurt dressing makes for a deliciously refreshing salad.
Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta Salad.
A delicious, easy chicken salad with an easy honey mustard dressing. Great for using leftover chicken. Serve as a lunch or dinner, alongside a buffet or BBQ.
Corn and Cucumber Picnic Salad. A very simple yet great tasting salad and perfect for the holidays!
Refreshing Spinach & Grape Salad with a delicious dressing! A wonderful tasting salad high in Vitamins and Minerals. Options to also add Apple and Bacon. Always a nice combination!
Best Ever Pico De Gallo, Salsa Fresca, a delicious Mexican salsa, quick and easy to make with refreshing flavors of lime, jalapenos, tomatoes, and cilantro. Absolutely delicious!
Homemade Creamy Coleslaw, a delicious low-fat salad option to a popular side dish, using fresh ingredients. Ideal for BBQ's, parties and burgers!
Bill's Chicken Salad is a great family recipe, very easy to make and great tasting. Serve in lettuce wraps, sandwiches, on it's own, the sky's the limit!
Tasty Macaroni Ham Salad.
A simple and delicious recipe for macaroni ham salad, quick and easy to make, ideal as a side dish with a BBQ or main meal. Creamy, full of flavor and easily transportable for picnics too!
Deluxe Chicken Salad Wraps. These little wraps are great for parties, lunches, suppers, or any time! It's a great way to use up left over chicken (or turkey), and the recipe is nice and easy, with no fuss. Delicious!
Bacon and Asparagus Pasta Salad is a lovely simple dish, served warm or chilled as a main or side dish. Goes perfect with a BBQ too!
Easy Potluck Pasta Salad is a great potluck salad bowl, with olives, cheese, pepperoni, peppers and much more. Easy to transport, by far the best salad to take to a party!
Shredding soft cheeses (for tacos or mac-and-Jack) and harder foods (say, potatoes for hash browns); use the side with the large holes. The medium-size holes make smaller shreds of hard foods. The tiny holes turn out fine, crumblike Parmesan. The single horizontal sharp edge is for shaving thin slices of hard foods, such as carrots?it’s great if you’re slicing just one, but for a dozen consider a mandoline.
Jessica Fasano Formicolasays:
This looks fabulous! Anything with goat is up my alley!
Thanks very much Jessica! I’m glad you like it!!