Goat's Cheese Salad with warm Herb and Walnut Vinaigrette is a wonderfully fresh-tasting salad and easy to make. Delicious served with some warm bread fresh from the oven too!
Goat's Cheese Salad with Herb and Walnut Vinaigrette. This is a wonderful salad which is suitable for either the Summer or Winter months.
It can be served as a side, starter, or indeed the main meal and goes wonderfully with a chunk of warm bread fresh from the oven.
The addition of the warm vinaigrette poured over the salad really brings out the flavors in the salad and makes a lovely contrast of flavors with the goat's cheese and apple or pear and walnuts.
It's a very easy recipe and a dish you can prepare ahead and simply warm up the dressing just before serving. If you'd like to try another dressing, check out our lovely honey mustard dressing recipe too!
4 - 6 servings
7 oz or 200 g packs Goat's cheese
2 Packages of ready to use Continental Salad leaves (rucola etc)
1 apple or pear
A squeeze of lemon juice
½ red onion (optional), thinly sliced
½ cup whole walnuts
For the dressing:
6 tablespoons Walnut oil
¼ cup or 35g walnut pieces
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
1. Add all the dressing ingredients to the food processor and blend until combined. Then add to a saucepan.
2. Cut the apple or pear into small matchstick-size, or use a large hole grater. Place in a bowl and add a squeeze of lemon juice to stop from browning.
3. Arrange the salad leaves on a plate together with the apple or pear and crumble the goat's cheese on top. Sprinkle with the whole walnuts.
4. Warm the dressing through in the saucepan over medium heat for about a minute until heated through, and give it a stir.
5. When ready for serving, drizzle the warm dressing over the salad and serve with some warm bread from the oven!
**Please note, Goat's Cheese can often be quite salty so I have not added extra salt in this recipe. Taste and see before you serve!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 7 oz or 200 g packs Goat's cheese
- 2 leaves Packages of ready to use Continental Salad, rucola etc
- 1 apple or pear
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced, optional
- ½ cup whole walnuts
For the dressing:
- 6 tablepsoons Walnut oil
- ¼ cup or 35 g walnut pieces
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Add all the dressing ingredients to the food processor and blend until combined. Then add to a saucepan.
- Cut the apple or pear in to small matchstick size, or use a large hole grater. Place in a bowl and add a squeeze of lemon juice to stop from browning.
- Arrange the salad leaves on a plate together with the apple or pear and crumble the goats cheese on top. Sprinkle with the whole walnuts.
- Warm the dressing through in the sauce pan over a medium heat for about a minute until heated through, and give it a stir.
- When ready for serving, drizzle the warm dressing over the salad and serve with some warm bread from the oven!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Large Stoneware Salad Serving Bowl, 78oz/11inch Embossed Multicolor Mexican Floral Design, with 2 Bamboo Salad Hands
KooK Double Wall Serving Bowl - 11 Inch Hammered Style - Stainless Steel (Soup, Cooked Food, Salads, Fruit)
Annovero Cereal Bowls – Set of 6 Porcelain Bowls for Soup, Salad, Rice, or Pasta, 6.25 Inch Diameter, 23 Fluid Ounce (2.75 Cup) Capacity
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 240mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 13g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate