Albert's Potato Salad, Oh this is good! A delicious creamy salad with heaps of flavor. Quick and Easy to make and great for parties! What a great tasting salad we have for you today! This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodies supporters, Albert Kolthof.
Albert is always cooking delicious Homemade dishes and just loves to cook. Here, Albert's Potato Salad is incredibly easy and a real family hit, and perfect for a crowd.
Albert's Potato Salad is a great dish to serve up at a party, picnic, as part of a buffet, for example over the holidays at Thanksgiving, July 4th Celebrations or indeed any gathering! The quantities in the recipe are large, so if you are only serving a small number, adjust the amounts to suit.
The recipe is incredibly easy to prepare and the flavors are delicious!
The Miracle Whip adds some creaminess and holds the egg salad together, whilst the added seasonings will give you a flavorful dish. You can, of course, add some chopped bacon to this salad for all you bacon lovers!
So let's get straight to the recipe and see how to ake Albert's Potato Salad. Please enjoy!
Recipe by Albert Kolthof
5 lbs Potatoes
3 Stalks celery
1/2 Green or Red Pepper
4 Tablespoons Miracle Whip
1 tablespoon HY'S Seasoning Salt (No MSG)
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Celery Seed
4 Stalks of Spring Onion / Scallions
1 tablespoon Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
*** Please note, you can add more or less Miracle Whip & Buttermilk Ranch Dressing to suit your preference. Some like it creamier, and some like it drier! So don't forget, as with all recipes, add as much or as little as you prefer, to get Albert's Salad how you like it the most!
1. Peel & cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes then Parboil them (cook them 2/3rds done). then Drain and let cool.
2. Boil the eggs for approximately 5 minutes. Then chill them and peel when cool.
3. Chop the rest of the ingredients into small pieces, slices or squares, and the carrot, you must grate. Chop the eggs.
Build the salad
In a really big bowl, add the potatoes, chopped eggs and vegetables.
Mix gently otherwise you will have mush!
Sprinkle some of the celery seed in, and grated carrot, gently mixing, and add the remaining ingredients.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of Albert's Potato Salad recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 5 lbs Potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 3 Stalks celery
- 1/2 green or red pepper
- 1/2 carrot
- 4 Tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon HY'S Seasoning Salt, No MSG
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Celery Seed
- 4 Stalks of Spring Onion / Scallions
- 1 tablespoon Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Peel & cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes then Par boil them (cook them 2/3rds done). then Drain and let cool.
- Boil the eggs for approximately 5 minutes. Then chill them and peel when cool.
- Chop the rest of the ingredients into small pieces, slices or squares, and the carrot, you must grate. Chop the eggs.
- Build the salad
- In a really big bowl, add the potatoes, chopped eggs and vegetables.
- Mix gently otherwise you will have mush!
- Sprinkle some of the celery seed in, and grated carrot, gently mixing, and add the remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 405mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate