Christmas Crack. If you’ve never tried this you’re missing out! Really easy recipe and always a hit at home!
This is well… simply delicious!
This recipe has been generously shared by Cathy Kopp. Cathy tells me she used the basics from a recipe she saw at Mommy’s Kitchen and has also kindly added a few notes and tips along the way of how she made this recipe so everyone can make this!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 16 inch x 11 inch tray
1 1/2 sleeves saltine crackers
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
8 oz package Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a greased or sprayed rimmed baking sheet (16″ x 11″) and cover with foil or parchment so it also comes up the sides. This will stop the mixture from sticking and also help when you remove from the pan after. ** If using foil, it is advisable to grease the surface of that too to avoid the sugars from sticking when baking.
2. Put down a single layer of crackers to cover the pan.
3. In a saucepan, add the sugar and butter and heat until it has all melted and begins to boil. Be careful because this mixture is HOT. Give it a stir and when the syrup is boiling, continue to boil for 3 full minutes.
4. After 3 minutes, pour the mixture, CAREFULLY (It is hot remember!) over the crackers, spreading evenly and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the milk chocolate toffee bits all over whilst still hot. Allow to completely cool then break in to pieces.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!