Joy Cookies. This is an easy recipe packed full of delicious chocolate, coconut and vanilla. These go fast so be sure to bake plenty!
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodies supporters, Cathy Kopp.
Cathy is always cooking delicious Homemade dishes and just loves to cook.
Joy Cookies are incredibly easy and a real family hit! There's coconut, chocolate, vanilla... oh boy!
Ideal for the Christmas holidays, you could easily make a batch of these coconut and chocolate cookies and pop them in some gift jars to give as presents to your family and friends.
Your family are sure to enjoy these so Happy Baking!
Recipe by Cathy Kopp
8 - 10 minutes
Ingredients you will need
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- milk chocolate chips
- sweetened flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease baking sheets or use parchment paper.
2. Combine dry ingredients, set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together.
4. One at a time, beat in the eggs until fully combined. Add vanilla.
5. Add the dry ingredients slowly until well combined.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips and coconut.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoons or use an ice cream scoop onto prepared cookie sheets.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
9. Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
See below Cathy made up some Christmas gifts with her Joy Cookies and Bacon Crack Recipe. Fabulous!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease baking sheets or use parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together.
- One at a time, beat in the eggs until fully combined. Add vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons (or use an ice cream scoop) onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 60 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate