Soft and chewy oatmeal raisin cookies, a simple cookie recipe using pantry ingredients to give you the best ever thick, chewy cookies!
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Adelenne. She's always coming up with great recipes which she either invents herself or adapts from various cookbooks to make her own.
Adelenne has always got a tasty recipe or two to share with us. Here, we have Adelenne's recipe for her Oatmeal Raisin Cookies which has wonderful ingredients!
The cookies with the chewy oatmeal and the addition of raisins make them so addictive! This simple oatmeal cookie recipe also has shredded coconut, for added flavor and texture, making them ultra chewy too! Think of an Anzac type cookie , only with raisins!
We've got a lovely range of recipes using oats so be sure to take a look. There are cakes, muffins cookies and lots more!
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Or freeze for up to 3 months.
For the perfect, chewy texture use old-fashioned or rolled oats. You can use quick oats, just be aware it will change the texture of the cookies and make them more crumbly.
Recipe by Adelenne Lee
18 - 20 minutes
18 - 20 cookies, depending on the size you make them.
Ingredients you will need
- butter, softened
- brown sugar
- castor sugar
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- vanilla essence
- rolled oats
- desiccated (flakes) coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180 C, 350 F
2. Sift Flour and baking powder. Cream butter and sugar.
4. Add eggs and vanilla
5. Add flour, a little at a time
6. Add oats, coconut, and raisins
7. Chill dough for about 20 mins
8. Using ice cream scoop, scoop the dough on a baking tray, 1 inch apart, and press down flat.
Bake for 18-20 mins then cool on a rack.
Adelenne says "It's the coconut that makes the difference. Almost like Anzac cookies. I love those. And I love dipping cookies into blueberry yogurt as a breakfast or just a snack."
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1 cup or 250 g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup or 150 g brown sugar
- 3/4 cup or 150 g castor sugar
- 1 1/2 cup or 190 g all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 cup or 390 g rolled oats
- 1 cup or 100 g desiccated coconut, flakes
- 1 cup or 125 g raisins
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180C, 350F
- Sift Flour and baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Add flour, a little at a time
- Add oats, coconut and raisins
- Chill dough for about 20 mins
- Using ice cream scoop, scoop dough on baking tray, 1 inch apart and press down flat.
- Bake for 18-20 mins then cool on a rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 288mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 23gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate