These Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies (A.K.A Scotchies) are packed full of flavor and incredibly easy to make. Loaded with goodies such as butterscotch and cinnamon, they're always popular and great with a nice cold glass of milk.
Everyone loves a good cookie! This recipe for oatmeal cookies is simply out of this world!
With every bite, you get a crispy outer and a chewy inside from the oats, and the flavor... well, butterscotch is always a popular addition to anything, and mix with a pinch of cinnamon, the combination is so good!
When these oatmeal cookies are baking, the aroma from the kitchen might well take some of you down memory lane, back to the day when your mom or grandma would bake a batch of cookies and the smells from the kitchen were just too much. Did you ever stand at the kitchen worktop with your eyes barely reaching the counter top and wait impatiently for those cookies to cool?
This recipe is very easy, and doesn't need many ingredients. Most of you will likely have them already in your pantry, so bake a batch of these lovely oatmeal cookies, give some to friends and family, and if it's Christmas time, wrap some up in gift wrap or storage jars for gifts.
if you enjoy baking using oatmeal, we have several more delicious recipes using oatmeal so be sure to check them out.
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Tammie
These Oatmeal Scotchies Cookies are packed full of flavour and incredibly easy to make.
Loaded with goodies such as butterscotch and cinnamon, these are certainly very addictive and a family favorite at Tammie's!
Recipe by Tammie Moore
makes 4 dozen
Ingredients you'll need
- All Purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Butter softened
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla - you can substitute grated peel of 1 orange instead of vanilla if desired.
- Quick oats
- Nestle Butterscotch Morsels
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Combine flour, soda, salt & cinnamon. Set aside.
3. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar eggs & vanilla in large bowl.
4. Gradually add flour mixture.
5. Stir in oats and butterscotch morsels.
6. Drop by spoonful on sprayed cookie sheet.
7. Bake 7-8 min for soft or 9-10 min for crisp cookies.
Allow to cool on a rack and enjoy with a cold glass of milk!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1 1/4 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butter softened, (8 oz)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups quick oats
- 11 oz pack Nestle Butterscotch Morsels
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine flour, soda, salt & cinnamon. Set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar eggs & vanilla in large bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in oats & morsels.
- Drop by spoonful on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-8 min for soft or 9-10 min for crisp cookies.
- Cool & enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silicone Macaron Baking Mat - Set of 3 Half Sheet (Thick & Large 11 5/8" x 16 1/2") - Non Stick Silicon Liner for Bake Pans & Rolling - Macaroon/Pastry/Cookie Making - Professional Grade Nonstick
Anolon 54717 Advanced Nonstick Bakeware with Grips, Nonstick Cookie Sheet / Baking Sheet - 14 Inch x 16 Inch, Gray
Wilton Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack for Cookies, Cakes and More
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate