Pumpkin Cookies. Delicious cookies with pureed pumpkin and chocolate chips make for a popular snack with a cold glass of milk! Be sure you make up plenty!
Pumpkin Cookies, these are absolutely delicious!
This pumpkin cookie recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Carina. She's always coming up with great recipes, and here we have Carina's Pumpkin Cookies.
These are so delicious be sure you make up plenty!
Pumpkin recipes are always popular around the Fall time when you can buy fresh pumpkins, perhaps you pick your own from a field, as Carina did below. You can, of course, buy ready-made pumpkin puree from the store, usually canned. Pumpkin puree is used for a multitude of recipes, from savory to sweet.
For example, we have other pumpkin recipes such as our pumpkin zucchini bread, Spiked Pumpkin Pie which is very popular around Thanksgiving time, our Easy Breezy Pumpkin Dump Cake, and for savory, we have a lovely Spiced Baked Cauliflower and Pumpkin with Teryaki Chicken recipe which great as an appetizer or party food.
For this recipe, Carina has made her own pumpkin puree, but of course, you can buy ready-made puree from the store if you don't have the time to make your own.
This pumpkin cookies recipe is adaptable too. Instead of raisins, you could use other dried fruit, such as cranberries, or swap for chocolate chips. Whatever you decide, they'll taste delicious!
Approximately 3 - 4 Dozen
1/2 cup butter softened
11/4 cups brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 cups flour
5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1 cup raisins
1 cup of nuts ( I usually use walnuts or pecans)
1. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at the time. Add vanilla and pumpkin.
2. Stir all the dry ingredients in a different bowl and after that incorporate to the wet mix. DO NOT OVERMIX, JUST FOLD THEM TOGETHER UNTIL WELL COMBINED.
3. Drop using a Tablespoon onto a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper. Bake in 375 oven for about 15 minutes until lightly brown.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our pumpkin cookies recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 11/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup of nuts, I usually use walnuts or pecans
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at the time. Add vanilla and pumpkin.
- Stir all the dry ingredients in a different bowl and after that incorporate to the wet mix. DO NOT OVERMIX, JUST FOLD THEM TOGETHER UNTIL WELL COMBINED.
- Drop using a Tablespoon onto a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake in 375 oven for about 15 minutes until lightly brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silicone Baking Mat - Set of 3 Half Sheet (Thick & Large 11 5/8" x 16 1/2") - Non Stick Silicon Liner for Bake Pans & Rolling - Macaron/Pastry/Cookie/Bun/Bread Making - Professional Grade Nonstick
Silicone Macaron Baking Mat - Set of 3 Half Sheet (Thick & Large 11 5/8" x 16 1/2") - Non Stick Silicon Liner for Bake Pans & Rolling - Macaroon/Pastry/Cookie Making - Professional Grade Nonstick
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g