These gingerbread cookies are very easy to make and give you crispy cookies, ideal for decorating for Christmas with sugar icing to celebrate the holidays. Simple recipe!
Gingerman and gingerlady cookies are just delicious and amazingly easy to make.
Adelenne is sharing her super recipe for these wonderful cookies.
These aren't your regular gingerbread cookies! For decorating, Adelenne has used cookie dough to make the eyes, buttons, and mouth instead of using sugar. This makes for a little less sweet cookie and yep, her little one absolutely loves them!
If you want to use sugar icing, we have another recipe where you can grab the ingredients needed for homemade sugar icing for cookies.
Recipe by Adelenne Lee
Approx 10 - 12 minutes
12 - 24, depends on the size of your cookie cutters.
Adelenne used a 4 inch tall cookie cutter and got 12 - 15 cookies.
1/2 cup butter, soften
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp ginger powder
For the decorating:
1 -2 drops each of Red & Green Food colouring
1 - 2 Teaspoons Cocoa powder
1. Cream butter and sugar then add egg and syrup
2. Add flour a little at a time
3. Knead dough and chill for 20 mins
4. Set aside about 1/4 of dough for decorating.
5. Roll out the rest of the dough and cut with cutters.
6. Divide the extra dough into 3 balls, add red, green food coloring to 2 balls and a little cocoa powder to the last one.
7. Decorate the eyes, mouth, and buttons using the dough.
8. Bake at 350 F for 10-12 mins. Place on cooling rack.
- 1/2 cup butter, soften
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp ginger powder
For the decorating:
- 1 -2 drops each of Red & Green Food colouring
- 1 - 2 Teaspoons Cocoa powder
- Cream butter and sugar then add egg and syrup
- Add flour a little at a time
- Knead dough and chill for 20 mins
- Set aside about 1/4 of dough for decorating.
- Roll out the rest of the dough and cut with cutters.
- Divide the extra dough into 3 balls, add red, green food coloring to 2 balls and a little cocoa powder to the last one.
- Decorate the eyes, mouth, and buttons using the dough.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-12 mins. Place on cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silicone Baking Mat - Set of 3 Half Sheet (Thick & Large 11 5/8" x 16 1/2") - Non Stick Silicon Liner for Bake Pans & Rolling - Macaron/Pastry/Cookie/Bun/Bread Making - Professional Grade Nonstick
Silicone Macaron Baking Mat - Set of 3 Half Sheet (Thick & Large 11 5/8" x 16 1/2") - Non Stick Silicon Liner for Bake Pans & Rolling - Macaroon/Pastry/Cookie Making - Professional Grade Nonstick
OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush - Large
Large Silicone Pastry Mat Non Stick Rolling Dough with Measurements-Non Slip,Reusable Large Silicone Baking Mat for Housewife(16" x 24")
NELPLA Two Side Round Cookie Cutters,Biscuit Cutters and Fondant Cake Cutters, Set of 6 PCS, Assorted Color
Christmas Cookie Cutters, Besteek 12 Pieces Holiday Cookie Cutters Including Gingerbread Man Snowflake Christmas Tree Reindeer and More
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate