Chocolate Pecan Cookies are filled with pecans and chocolate, crispy on the outside and chewy inside, easy cookie recipe and perfect with a glass of milk or cup of tea! Also great for gifts!
These are wonderful cookies with a crunch! You get the flavors of the chocolate and the pecans coming through and are perfect with a cup of tea or a glass of cold milk.
They also make lovely gifts, especially over the holiday season.
These Chocolate Pecan Cookies are incredibly easy to make and of course so delicious!
This recipe for chocolate pecan cookies takes no time at all to prepare and will give you a large batch of cookies, perfect for sharing with friends or to take along to a party.
The cookies are generously filled with chocolate chips. We've used a mixture of milk and dark chocolate for this recipe, but you can swap for white chocolate or dark chocolate, or even do a variety.
For the nuts, we've used pecan nuts. Again, you can swap for walnuts, macadamia, or any nuts you like. You could also add some raisins or cranberries, so feel free to add other dried fruits to your taste.
makes 4 dozen
Ingredients you'll need
- butter - make sure this is at room temperature, it needs to be softened
- sugar - regular white sugar
- brown sugar - we used packed brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- flour - all purpose / plain
- baking soda
- milk chocolate chips - white, dark or milk chocolate chips can be used for this recipe
- pecans, roughly broken - swap for walnuts, brazil nuts, macadamia or any other nut you like if you wish.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C.
Cream butter & sugar till fluffy
2. Add eggs, vanilla, beat well. Blend in flour, baking soda & salt.
Please note, at this point, if you wanted to make a variety of cookie flavors, you can divide the cookie dough now and add your desired flavors, such as toffee, white chocolate, different nuts, raisins, cranberries etc.
3. Stir in milk chocolate chips & pecans.
Drop by spoonful or roll into small balls and bake for 10-12 minutes.
When ready, leave on the baking tray for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack where they will firm up.
Enjoy with a glass of cold milk!
These cookies will keep fresh in an air-tight container for a few days before they loose their crispness.
- 1 cup butter, softened, 8 oz
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 11/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- 6 oz pecans, roughly broken
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C. Cream butter & sugar till fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, beat well. Blend in flour, baking soda & salt.
Please note, at this point, if you wanted to make a variety of cookie flavours, you can divide the cookie dough now and add your desired flavours, such as toffee, white chocolate, different nuts, raisins, cranberries etc.
3. Stir in milk chocolate chips & pecans. Drop by spoonful & bake for 10-12 minutes.
4. When ready, leave on the baking tray for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack where they will firm up.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate