Grandma's Crunchy Chocolate Chip and Walnut Cookies recipe is easy to make, and great for gifts. Loaded with chocolate and nuts, and perfect for the holidays.
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodie supporters, Cathy Kopp.
Cathy is always cooking delicious Homemade dishes and just loves to cook.
Here, Cathy's Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies are incredibly easy and a real family hit!
These delicious cookies are crunchy and loaded with chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. The texture and flavor is out of this world!
The recipe is very easy and these cookies take very little time to bake. They will store in an air tight container and stay crunchy for a few days, and you can keep the crunch by adding a slice of fresh bread in the container. This will help absorb any moisture in the air.
This recipe makes a large batch, so feel free to halve the quantities if you don't want to make so many.
We have lots of cookie recipes at Lovefoodies so be sure to check them out and make a few different cookies for the holidays!
Thanks, Cathy for showing us one of your favorite family recipes.
Recipe by Cathy Kopp
8 -10 minutes
6 dozen 2 inch cookies
2 ¼ cup / 280 g all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
½ cup / 110 g butter (one stick), softened
½ cup / 110 g vegetable shortening
¾ cup / 150 g granulated sugar
¾ cup / 150 g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
2 cups / 400 g semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup / 200 g chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375F / 190 C / Gas 5.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl.
3. Beat butter, shortening, both sugars, and vanilla until creamy.
4. Add eggs and yolk, one at a time; beating well to incorporate.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Stir in morsels and nuts.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
8. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes.
Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve with a nice cold glass of milk!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 2 ¼ cup / 280 g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup / 110 g butter, softened, one stick
- ½ cup / 110 g vegetable shortening
- ¾ cup / 150 g granulated sugar
- ¾ cup / 150 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups / 400 g semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup / 200 g chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375F / 190 C / Gas 5.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl.
- Beat butter, shortening, both sugars, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add eggs and yolk, one at a time; beating well to incorporate.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 72 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate