These Pecan Raisin Cookies are easy to make, soft and chewy inside and crispy outside. Loaded with raisins and pecan nuts, these make perfect snacks and gifts. These are a wonderful cookie with a crunch!
You get the flavours of the raisins and the pecans coming through and are perfect with a cup of tea or glass of cold milk.
I love how versatile this recipe is. You can swap the raisins for other dried fruit, such as cranberries, perhaps dried apricots or cherries, and also, for the nuts, you could use walnuts, macadamias... really, the sky's the limit! All you need to do is make sure you keep to the quantity ratios if you're swapping ingredients and you'll be fine!
They also make lovely gifts, especially over the holiday season.
These Pecan Raisin Cookies are incredibly easy to make and of course so delicious! Don't forget to check out all our other Cookie Recipes. There's something for everyone!
Makes 4 dozen
1 cup (8 oz) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
11/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
12 oz Raisins or Sultanas
6 oz pecans, roughly broken
1. Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C.
Cream butter & sugar till fluffy.
2. Add eggs , vanilla, beat well. Blend in flour, baking soda & salt.
Please note, at this point, if you wanted to make a variety of cookie flavors, you can divide the cookie dough now and add your desired flavors, such as toffee, white chocolate, different nuts, raisins, cranberries etc.
3. Stir in raisins & pecans.
Drop by the spoonful or make into small balls & bake for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our pecan raisin cookie recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1 cup butter, softened, 8 oz
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 11/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz Raisins or Sultanas
- 6 oz pecans, roughly broken
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C. Cream butter & sugar till fluffy.
- Add eggs , vanilla, beat well. Blend in flour, baking soda & salt.
- *** Please note, at this point, if you wanted to make a variety of cookie flavours, you can divide the cookie dough now and add your desired flavours, such as toffee, white chocolate, different nuts, raisins, cranberries etc.
- Stir in raisins & pecans. Drop by spoonful & bake for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Anolon 54717 Advanced Nonstick Bakeware with Grips, Nonstick Cookie Sheet / Baking Sheet - 14 Inch x 16 Inch, Gray
Silicone Macaron Baking Mat - Set of 3 Half Sheet (Thick & Large 11 5/8" x 16 1/2") - Non Stick Silicon Liner for Bake Pans & Rolling - Macaroon/Pastry/Cookie Making - Professional Grade Nonstick
OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush - Large
Large Silicone Pastry Mat Non Stick Rolling Dough with Measurements-Non Slip,Reusable Large Silicone Baking Mat for Housewife(16" x 24")
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate