Toffee Nut Bars. Easy to make and of course DELICIOUS! This is a real age-old family favorite with delicious coconut and black walnuts, what a great combo!
Libby has kindly shared another of her family recipes for us all to enjoy.
When Libby was growing up, her mom would make Toffee Nut Bars as a special treat for the whole family. Here's what Libby says about these:
"Toffee Nut Bars - That is what she called them. We lived in a time when desserts were a real treat. Birthdays, Sunday dinner and such.
We lived on a farm and money was tight. Coconut was not often had. So when we got these we really enjoyed them.
I had forgotten about them until after she passed away. She had not made them in years. Once I remembered them I went on a search for her recipe.
Looking through all her boxes and boxes of cut out recipes from magazines and papers. No luck, but then I decided to try it and see if I could recreate my mom's recipe, and sure enough, it was perfect.
For the ones I made I used English walnuts. I feel so lucky that I made this recipe and I will be passing it on to my family so it is never lost again!"
Recipe by Libby Myrick
⏲️ Prep time
⏲️ Baking time
Approx 25 minutes
? Serving size
1/2 cup shortening or butter (I used half butter and half Crisco butter flavored shortening)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup All Purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons All Purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup black walnuts
1. Make the bottom layer first by mixing together the shortening and brown sugar until fully combined. Then add the flour.
2. Press and flatten the mixture with your hand to cover the bottom of ungreased 9"x 13" pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 F.
3. Whilst the base is baking beat 2 eggs well then stir in the remaining top layer ingredients.
4. Pour and spread on the bottom layer and return to the oven for 25 minutes. Cool and cut into slices.
- 1/2 cup shortening or butter, I used half butter and half Crisco butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup All Purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons All Purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup black walnuts
- Make the bottom layer first by mixing together the shortening and brown sugar until fully combined. Then add the flour.
- Press and flatten the mixture with your hand to cover bottom of ungreased 9"x 13" pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 F.
- Whilst the base is baking, beat 2 eggs well then stir in the remaining top layer ingredients.
- Pour and spread on bottom layer and return to oven for 25 minutes. Cool and cut into slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g