Many of you who have visited Lovefoodies will already know our Foodie Friend Nanny Pat, after making her Apple Pie recipe. You may even have chatted with her or seen her delicious dinner photos at our Lovefoodies Facebook group. Nanny Pat is always busy cooking something tasty up in her kitchen, and here we have got one of her star recipes, her signature Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge!
You can be sure that when you make this it will go down a storm.
It's always popular and Nanny Pat often makes it to take as gifts to birthday parties and the like.
So without further ado, let's see how to make Nanny's recipe.
Recipe by Pat Milton
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: Nil
Yield: Depends how big you cut them!
What you need: 8 or 9 inch greased square pan
1 can (12 oz.) EVAPORATED Milk
12 oz. (1 1/2 Cups) granulated (regular) Sugar
1 1/2 Cup creamy Peanut Butter
1 (7 oz.) can Marshmallow Cream
1 1/2 Tablespoons Butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon (heaping) Nestle's Quick ( cocoa mix drink stuff)
1. In a pan, on medium heat, bring to a boil the sugar and evaporated milk until soft ball stage (234 degrees). Remove from heat and, add the remaining ingredients.
****** Please note, if you have a thermometer the mix needs to reach 234 degrees, if not, as a guide, just boil for about 10 minutes, stirring and then if you fill a cup with cold water, drop a little bit of the mix into the cold water and if it's ready, it forms a soft ball.
2. Combine well then transfer to a 9" Buttered sq. pan and let cool to room temperature and tightly cover, and put in refrigerator to cool for several hours or overnight then cut into squares.
Nanny Pat's Top Tip : When cutting the fudge, use a sharp knife and cut DOWNWARDS, try to do it in one move as the fudge will crumble if you cut like you would a loaf of bread.
- 1 oz can EVAPORATED Milk 12 .
- 12 oz . granulated Sugar 1 1/2 Cups, regular
- 1 1/2 Cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 oz can Marshmallow Cream 7 .
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Nestle's Quick heaping, cocoa mix drink stuff
In a pan, on medium heat, bring to a boil the sugar and evaporated milk until soft ball stage (234 degrees). Remove from heat and, add the remaining ingredients.
Combine well then transfer to a 9" Buttered sq. pan and let cool to room temperature and tightly cover, and put in refrigerator to cool for several hours or overnight then cut into squares.