Nanny's Maple Walnut Fudge, delicious creamy pieces of maple syrup infused fudge with walnuts throughout. Ideal for Christmas and to make in batches for gifts
Many of you who have visited Lovefoodies will already know our Foodie Friend Nanny Pat, after making her Apple Pie recipe. You may even have chatted with her or seen her delicious dinner photos at our Lovefoodies Facebook group.
Nanny Pat is always busy cooking something tasty up in her kitchen, and here we have got one of her star recipes, her signature Maple Walnut Fudge! You can be sure that when you make this it will go down a storm. It's always popular and Nanny Pat often makes it to take as gifts to birthday parties and the like. So without further ado, let's see how to make Nanny's recipe. Recipe by Pat Milton
9 - 12 pieces
What you need
8 or 9 inches greased square pan
2 Cups Light Brown Sugar 5 oz. can EVAPORATED Milk 1 Cups (2 sticks) UNsalted Butter 2 Cups Confectioner's (powdered) sugar 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract 1/2 tsp. maple flavoring 1 - 1 & 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
1. In a pan, on medium heat, bring to a boil the brown sugar, evaporated milk, and butter.
2. Once boiling, turn heat slightly down and boil stirring constantly for 10 min.
3. REMOVE from heat, and stir in the confectioner's sugar, vanilla, and maple flavoring
4. Beat with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes and then add the coarsely chopped walnuts.
5. Put in a 9" Buttered sq. pan and let cool to room temperature and tightly cover, and put in the refrigerator to cool for several hours or overnight then cut into squares.
Nanny Pat's Top Tip : When cutting the fudge, use a sharp knife and cut DOWNWARDS, try to do it in one move as the fudge will crumble if you cut like you would a loaf of bread.
Pecan Caramel Monkey Bread, Easy recipe for how to make it. Sticky caramel-coated pieces of bread with a sprinkling of chocolate chips & pecan nuts baked in a bundt pan. A great pull-apart bread recipe using store-bought biscuits.
Easy Honey Baklava. Baklava is a Middle Eastern classic sweet treat, filled with a variety of nuts, honey, citrus, and spices, between layers of crunchy phyllo pastry. Ideal for serving at parties, or to have as a snack. An easy and simple recipe for the best baklava!