Quick Mix Spritz Cookies. These little cookies have a wonderful vanilla flavor and melt in your mouth. Easy to make! Get creative and make different shapes ready for Christmas!
Quick Mix Spritz Cookies. These are so delicious! Have you ever taken a bite of a cookie and had that 'melting' sensation in your mouth? It's certainly a wonderful feeling indeed!.
Here, after much trial and error, I've come up with a cookie which gives you that 'melting moment', with a lovely flavour of vanilla on your taste buds, and a texture so delicate and scrumptious!
This quick mix spritz cookie recipe is a butter based one and often known as 'spritz' type cookies, originating in Germany.
I used a Spritz cookie press to make the rings, you can use a cookie cutter if you wish!
These are great for Christmas time and of course you can get creative and use different patterns, shapes and perhaps use some dried fruit to decorate.
Below I have several different photos to show you an idea of the different ways you can use the recipe. So let your imagination loose and make some delicious quick mix spritz cookies!
10 - 12 mins
5 Dozen Approx
You will need
an UN-GREASED baking tray
1 cup or 220 g butter
1/2 cup or 100 g granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups or 280 g All purpose flour
Pinch of salt
1. Place sieved flour, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add butter in 1 cm pieces (distribute evenly over the flour)
3. Add vanilla extract.
4. Add egg
5. Mix together very well using hands until the ingredients form a dough. You should be able to have a ‘clean’ mixing bowl with no crumbs.
6. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm up.
7. Fill the cookie press half full and use a template of your choice and do the cookies directly on the UN GREASED baking sheet.
OPTIONAL : Prior to placing in the oven, some chopped almonds can be sprinkled on the cookies and gently pushed down (be careful not to squash the cookie shape!).
8. Bake in preheated oven at 350 F for 10 minutes or until the edges just begin to slightly brown.
9. Remove from the oven, cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray then transfer to cooling rack
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Have a look a the short video below to see how to use a cookie gun. It's quite a good guide!
The photo below shows a variety of spritz cookies I made when some friends came over during the Christmas period.
You can get creative and using the same cookie mix, make a few different shapes and add a variety of decorations on top.
For these, I added some finely chopped almonds, glace cherries (cut in half), dipped some in chocolate and so on. So feel free to make them your own by adding some extras!
- 1 cup or 220 g butter
- 1/2 cup or 100 g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups or 280 g All purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Place sieved flour, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter in 1 cm pieces (distribute evenly over the flour)
- Add vanilla extract. Add egg
- Mix together very well using hands until the ingredients form a dough. You should be able to have a ‘clean’ mixing bowl with no crumbs.
- Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Fill the cookie press half full and use a template of your choice. and do the cookies directly on the UN GREASED baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350F for 10 minutes or until the edges just begin to slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven, cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray then transfer to cooling rack
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silicone Baking Mat - Set of 3 Half Sheet (Thick & Large 11 5/8" x 16 1/2") - Non Stick Silicon Liner for Bake Pans & Rolling - Macaron/Pastry/Cookie/Bun/Bread Making - Professional Grade Nonstick
Anolon 54717 Advanced Nonstick Bakeware with Grips, Nonstick Cookie Sheet / Baking Sheet - 14 Inch x 16 Inch, Gray
OXO Good Grips Cookie Press with Stainless Steel Disks and Storage Case
Nutrition Information:Yield: 60 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 51Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate