Pasta Bake. A quick and easy meal full of tasty treats!
Pasta Bake. This is such a delicious recipe, and very easy to make too.
If you’re looking for a convenient way to prepare dinner, then look no further! All you need to do is have the ingredients to hand, and I expect many of you will have the ingredients listed below in your freezer and store cupboards.
This pasta bake is cooked together in the same pan, so you only have one item to wash up at the end, and it’s great for feeding a crowd too. It’s pure comfort food, and flexible so you can add your favorite cheese and herbs, you can use ground beef, pork, turkey or soy meat, and even add a few vegetables if you wish!
This pasta bake is very filling, so if you have hungry tummies to feed, for example, any teenagers who always seem to be hungry, or big eaters, this will most certainly fill them up!
As far as budget goes, if you don’t have too much money to spend on food, then you can always bulk this recipe out by adding more pasta and less meat or add some vegetables such as corn, peas, zucchini etc.
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodies supporters, Sharon Jackson.
Sharon is always cooking up something tasty, and here we have a Simple Pasta Bake recipe, which allows you to add extra flavors if you wish, or keep it simple.
Whatever you decide, it will always be tasty!
Recipe by Sharon Jackson
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 -25 minutes
Yield: 2 – 4 Persons
1 lb / 450 g Ground beef
1 Medium Onion
1 Green Pepper
2 cups/ 285 g macaroni, spaghetti etc cooked (leftovers) or uncooked
2 cups / 470 ml Water
15 oz can Diced tomatoes
1 or 2 cans (15 oz each) Tomato Sauce
2 tablespoons Sugar
2 Teaspoons Salt
2 cloves of garlic minced
Italian Seasoning, dried parsley. (any of your favourite herbs will go nice)
Pepper to taste.
Grated cheese for the topping.
1. In a pan, brown the meat, onion, and pepper, and add the garlic, and other flavorings.
2. Then drain away the fat. Add the remaining ingredients and pour into a lightly greased 9×13 casserole dish, topped with cheese.
3. Bake 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4 oven, 20-25 minutes.
I never make this the same way, I may add a little garlic powder, other times I may add a little chili pepper. As always, I just do whatever suits me at the moment!
You can add extras, such as chopped zucchini, some other spices you like, or just see what you have in your fridge that you can use up. It’s really easy and you make it all in one pan.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our pasta bake recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1 lb / 450 g Ground beef
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Green Pepper
- 2 cups / 285 g macaroni, spaghetti etc cooked (leftovers) or uncooked
- 2 cups / 470 ml Water
- 15 oz can Diced tomatoes
- 1 oz or 2 cans tomato sauce, 15 each
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Italian Seasoning, dried parsley. (any of your favourite herbs will go nice)
- Pepper to taste.
- Grated cheese for the topping.
- In a pan, brown the meat, onion and pepper, and add the garlic, and other flavourings.
- Then drain away the fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pour into a lightly greased 9x13 casserole dish, topped with cheese.
- Bake 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4 oven, 20-25 minutes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 628Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 2506mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 9gSugar: 21gProtein: 43g