Tasty Chicken, Bacon & Spinach Pasta. Quick and Easy and oh so delicious! I'm always looking for quick and easy ways to make a nice dinner that looks good, tastes wonderful and also is budget-friendly.
Here I made a Chicken, Bacon and Spinach Pasta. It's simple enough to make, and has all the flavors you can expect from those ingredients..and some more!
I love this recipe because it's quick and easy to make and all done in one pan. You can use 2 pans if you want to cook the pasta at the same time as the chicken etc, but I normally cook the pasta, drain it then use the same pan for the rest of the cooking. Saves on the washing up so it's a win-win situation!
For this recipe, I have used frozen creamed spinach. Feel free to use fresh spinach. I just love the frozen spinach! It's convenient to store in the freezer and comes in a bag in pellet shapes, so you just get out a handful when you want to use it.
I also added some diced zucchini, they are in season right now, full of flavor and super cheap too! I also liked the color of them going with the dish!
You can bulk this dish up any way you want. So you could add some pantry or freezer ingredients such as sweetcorn, peas, mushrooms. I've used zucchini because that's what I had in the fridge.
1 breast or 2 thighs of chicken per person
A handful of Bacon lardons or 6 slices of bacon. (smokey is nice)
1 large chopped onion
3 Cloves garlic crushed or chopped
1 courgette/ zucchini diced
1 package of frozen spinach. If you can get creamed frozen spinach, that is very delicious!
1 Chicken Stock cube (boullion) - I used an OXO one.
2 cups or 285 g pasta. (You can use as much pasta as you wish. I chose pasta bows as the spinach and flavor sticks nicely to the shape)
2 Teaspoons sugar or honey
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
A handful of your favorite grated cheese. Here I used Parmesan. (for the topping)
1. Peel & chop onion, garlic, and zucchini, then add to a pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
If you are in a rush, chop the zucchini and chicken into small pieces so they cook even faster.
2. Lightly fry until the onions are soft and translucent (not brown as this will make them taste bitter)
3. Add your chicken & bacon and cook, stirring in the pan with the other ingredients.
Your chicken should be cut into bite-sized pieces.
Leave to cook gently whilst you cook your pasta in a separate pan as per the package instructions.
4. When your pasta is done, drain and run under cold water to stop it from continuing to cook. Set aside.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and stir so it is all combined. When the chicken is cooked, (test a piece), add the pasta. Stir well until the pan ingredients come back up to a hot temperature. You will hear and see it begin to bubble!
6. That's it! Ready to serve, so plate up and sprinkle as much grated cheese on the top as you like and watch it all melt. yum!
And there you have it, Tasty Chicken, Bacon & Spinach Pasta Now for the pleasure of eating.
Enjoy every bite and thanks for trying the recipe. I hope I've inspired you and given you a new flavor sensation! Tell us what you added to your recipe in the comments below!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Chicken, Bacon and Spinach Pasta Dinner
Chicken, Bacon & Spinach Pasta Dinner. Quick & easy dinner, with fresh or frozen spinach, chicken, bacon and garlic. Packed with flavor, and ready in under 20 minutes.
- 1 breast or 2 thighs of chicken per person
- slices A handful of Bacon lardons or 6 of bacon., smokey is nice
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 Cloves garlic crushed / chopped
- 1 courgette/ zucchini diced
- 1 package of frozen spinach. If you can get creamed frozen spinach, that is very delicious!
- 1 Chicken Stock cube - I used an OXO one., boullion
- 2 cups or 285 g pasta. You can use as much pasta as you wish. I chose pasta bows as the spinach and flavour sticks nicely to the shape.
- 2 Teaspoons sugar or honey
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- A handful of your favourite grated cheese. Here I used Parmesan., for the topping
- Peel & chop onion, garlic and zucchini, then add to a pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Lightly fry until the onions are soft and translucent (not brown as this will make them taste bitter)
- Add your chicken & bacon and cook, stirring in the pan with the other ingredients. Your chicken should be cut into bite sized pieces. Leave to cook gently whilst you cook your pasta in a separate pan as per the package instructions.
- When your pasta is done, drain and run under cold water to stop it from continuing to cook. Set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir so it is all combined. When the chicken is cooked, (test a piece), add the pasta. Stir well until the pan ingredients come back up to a hot temperature. You will hear and see it begin to bubble!
- That's it! Ready to serve, so plate up and sprinkle as much grated cheese on the top as you like and watch it all melt. yum!
- And there you have it, Tasty Chicken, Bacon & Spinach Pasta Now for the pleasure of eating . Enjoy every bite and thanks for trying the recipe. I hope I've inspired you and given you a new flavour sensation!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 701Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 975mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 8gSugar: 12gProtein: 46g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
Delicious Chicken Dinner Ideas
Here's a selection of lovely chicken dinner recipes for you. All very easy to make and the family love them!
Sunday Roasted Whole Chicken Dinner, a very easy to follow recipe with cook times and instructions for the chicken, gravy, roast potatoes and vegetable side dishes
Classic Spanish Seafood Paella.
In this version of the classic Spanish dish, chicken, chorizo sausage, and shrimp combine with rice simmered in broth and flavored with saffron threads, garlic
Hawaiian Chicken - A great dinner idea with wonderful caramelized pineapples on top and cooked it a delicious sauce! Serve with cous cous, rice, mashed potatoes, whatever you enjoy!
Quick Chinese Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
Chinese Cashew Chicken Stir Fry is a quick and easy recipe, tender pieces of chicken, cooked in a delicious sauce with vegetables and cashew nuts. A great dinner served with rice.
Rolled BBQ Chicken Breast With Bacon and Peppers. Succulent rolled chicken breast stuffed with bacon and peppers and coated in a homemade dry rub. BBQ or oven, an easy and tasty chicken recipe.
Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry
A delicious mild spiced chicken curry recipe using creamy coconut and ground almonds to give a gentle sweet flavor. Takes under 30 minutes to make, using regular ingredients.
Southern Style Baked Chicken with Jerk Seasoning, marinated in homemade Jerk seasoning and oven-baked with a crispy coating for tender juicy chicken portions. Ideal for a quick and easy dinner, and makes great party food too.
Chinese Chicken Stir fry, a quick easy recipe with tender chicken pieces, vegetables and cashew nuts cooked in a delicious Cantonese sauce. Serve with fragrant steamed rice!
One Pan Garlic Chicken and Rice
An easy dinner recipe with juicy chicken, cooked on the stovetop with flavors of garlic and cilantro
Chicken, Garlic and Spinach Lasagna, layers of tender chicken, spinach and pasta sheets with a creamy cheesy sauce, baked until golden. Easy recipe and freezer friendly
Quick Grilled Chicken Burger
Quick Grilled Chicken Burger.
Quick and easy juicy grilled chicken breast, seasoned with herbs, in a toasted brioche bun, layered with crisp lettuce. Perfect for lunch or dinner
Mom's Chicken Pot Pie An old family recipe and certainly comforting!
Tender Oven-Baked Juicy Chicken Breast
How to make a perfect baked chicken breast, juicy, full of flavor, with a delicious spice blend rub. Easy recipe for dinner
Delicious chicken in white wine sauce is an easy dinner recipe, sauteed chicken and mushrooms gently cooked in a full flavored white wine sauce.
Sesame Chicken, Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry is a really quick and easy meal, delicious served with rice or noodles! This works well as an appetizer or main meal.
Easy Mini Chicken Pot Pies. Delicious little pies with crisp pastry. Freezer friendly and great for parties too!
Tandoori Chicken is a wonderful baked or grilled recipe using a homemade spice mix. Full of flavor and great for a dinner or to serve at a party!
Chicken Tenders are tender juicy pieces of chicken breast coated buttermilk
then seasoned flour to give you great-tasting chicken.
Herb Crusted Stuffed Chicken, a delicious juicy baked chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and spinach and coated in crispy breadcrumbs.
Creamy Chicken Stroganoff is a quick and easy dinner, with delicious strips of chicken and sauteed mushrooms in a creamy sauce
Quick and Easy Moist Chicken Breast, pan-fried marinated chicken full of flavor and so tender too!
Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan Nuggets, coated in a delicious mozzarella and tomato sauce. Delicious made from scratch dinner for all the family to enjoy
Chicken A La King. A wonderful creamy chicken dinner with flavors out of this world! The chicken is lovely and tender, and together with the peppers and mushrooms in a wonderful cream sauce, this is perfect served with rice or pasta. Really tasty!
Cheats Malaysian Coconut Chicken and Potato Curry, easy no-fuss dinner, quick recipe and delicious with rice or naan bread. Simple ingredients for a tasty chicken dinner.
Sheet pan chicken dinner, tasty tray baked roasted chicken portions with vegetables, potatoes, and seasonings, all oven-baked in one pan. A quick easy and simple recipe
Chicken Roll-Ups (roulade), tender pieces of chicken filled with spinach, asparagus, mushrooms, and cheese then rolled and baked in a creamy Hollandaise sauce and served with an easy mushroom pilaf rice.
Clicked over from Pinterest, and I am so glad I did! I’ve read and pinned several of your recipes already, and they look like they’ll be super-good and seem to be at my level of cooking ;) A question for you concerning both this recipe and the Chicken, Garlic and Spinach Lasagna: Am I correct in thinking that I don’t thaw the spinach and wring out the juice before adding it?
Hi Mary! Glad you’re enjoying the recipes. You’re right, frozen spinach!
This looks very interesting but while reading the recipe directions there is no mention of what you did with the frozen spinach and when did you incorporate it into the dinner.
Hi Chris, Thanks for reading the recipe. In Step 5, you need to add the remaining ingredients (this includes the spinach) and simply fold it through and the spinach defrosts. It usually takes around 6 – 7 minutes, (or you can defrost in the microwave first if you prefer). Hope that helps.
Have a lovely weekend ahead!