Easy instructions for how to pan fry cod. A simple recipe for a great tasting fish supper. Plus quick recipe for a bacon pasta dish to accompany. Great family dinner.
Cod and Bacon Pasta Dinner is a lovely dinner combination and so quick to make too. I'm always looking for quick and easy ways to make a nice dinner that looks good, tastes wonderful, and also is budget-friendly.
Here I made a Cod and Bacon Pasta Dinner. It's simple enough to make, and has all the flavors you can expect from those ingredients, and some more!
This is a really flexible recipe, where you can swap the garden peas for sweetcorn, zucchini, mushrooms, or keep as it is. You can also use up any leftover pasta.
Do I use fresh or frozen fish for pan frying?
For the fish, I have used a couple of pieces of frozen cod, but you can use any type of fish you like, or indeed, swap for chicken or pork fillets. Simply choose whatever ingredients your family really loves!
This is a great meal to serve on a weeknight when you've come home from work or you need to make a meal for the family which isn't going to take up too much time to prepare.
For this recipe, I've simply coated the fish in some flour before pan frying. You can add some cajun spice or dried herbs to the flour if you wish. I just kept it simple so you can taste the fish.
1 or 2 cod fillets per person
A handful of Bacon lardons or 6 slices of bacon. (smokey is nice)
3 Cloves garlic crushed/chopped
1 Cup frozen garden peas
As much pasta as you wish. I used 2 cups / 285 g pasta.
2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Some freshly chopped basil leaves.
1. Cook the pasta according to package times and then drain under cold water. Set aside.
2. In a frying pan, add the olive oil, and under medium heat, add the chopped bacon and cook.
Then add the minced garlic and stir until it is cooked. About 1 minute.
Add the pasta and stir very well so the pasta is nicely coated with the bacon, garlic and olive oil.
Add the frozen peas, again, stir through. Once done, keep the pan on very low with the lid and prepare the fish.
3. Wash the fish once it is fully defrosted if using frozen fish and check for any bones. Then pat dry with kitchen paper.
4. In a shallow bowl, add the flour. Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper, then coat in the flour. Gently shake off any excess flour.
5. Heat a frypan with a little oil, or spray, then carefully place the fish. Once golden brown, gently turn the fish over and cook the other side. For a fillet of about 1 inch in thickness, this will take about 4 - 5 minutes.
When the fish is ready, add the basil to the pasta and stir, then serve with the fish placed on top of the pasta and enjoy!
If you'd like to serve this with a sauce, try our garlic butter sauce for seafood. It's a lovely sauce which you can use to add as a dip for the fish or stir it through the pasta.
Another delicious fish recipe is this Salmon Patties from Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen. It's so good!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
How To Pan Fry Cod
Easy instructions for how to pan fry cod. A simple recipe for a great-tasting fish supper. Plus a quick recipe for a bacon pasta dish to accompany. Great family dinner
- 1 or 2 cod fillets per person
- slices A handful of Bacon lardons or 6 of bacon., smokey is nice
- 3 Cloves garlic crushed / chopped
- 1 Cup frozen garden peas
- cups As much pasta as you wish. I used 2 / 285 g pasta.
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- leaves Some fresh chopped basil .
- Cook the pasta according to package times and then drain under cold water. Set aside.
- In a fry pan, add the olive oil, and under a medium heat, add the chopped bacon and cook. Then add the minced garlic and stir until it is cooked. About 1 minute. Add the pasta and stir very well so the pasta is nicely coated with the bacon, garlic and olive oil. Add the frozen peas, again, stir through. Once done, keep the pan on very low with the lid and prepare the fish.
- Wash the fish and check for any bones. Then pat dry with kitchen paper.
- In a shallow bowl, add the flour. Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper, then coat in the flour. Gently shake off any excess flour.
- Heat a fry pan with a little oil, or spray, then carefully place the fish. Once golden brown, gently turn the fish over and cook the other side. For a fillet of about 1 inch in thickness, this will take about 4 - 5 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1118Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 973mgCarbohydrates: 122gFiber: 11gSugar: 7gProtein: 79g
Delicious Shrimp and Seafood Recipes
Here's a selection of delicious Shrimp and Seafood recipes for you to enjoy
Classic Spanish Seafood Paella.
In this version of the classic Spanish dish, chicken, chorizo sausage, and shrimp combine with rice simmered in broth and flavored with saffron threads, garlic
Chinese Garlic Shrimp is a wonderful quick and easy recipe with terrific flavors! Serve as an appetizer, main dish with Jasmine rice or add to a stir-fry.
A quick and easy oven-baked dinner, giving you juicy, perfectly cooked shrimp, infused with garlic and lemon. Recipe options to add tender baked asparagus making a delicious meal.
Delicious Crab Cakes recipe coated in light, crispy panko breadcrumbs. Perfectly seasoned with herbs and spices, these baked crab cakes make for a great appetizer or dinner.
Delicious Shrimp or Salmon Vol Au Vents, Mini Puff Pastry Cups are very easy to make and great for parties as canapes, appetizers, and snacks. Perfect to make ahead too!
Classic Seafood Cocktail Sauce
Classic Seafood Cocktail Sauce.
A delicious seafood cocktail sauce, mild yet tangy, the perfect accompaniment to prawns, lobster, and ideal for serving as a dipping sauce or to add to a prawn cocktail.
Sesame Shrimp or Prawn Toasts. These are a very popular little Asian appetizer, great for parties, or to have as a side with a nice soup. Easy recipe and budget friendly too!
Garlic Shrimp Fried Rice! It's quick, easy and of course super tasty Asian starter or main dish!
Refreshing Shrimp Salad is a lovely salad which you can make ahead. There's also a great dressing recipe too!
Crispy Breaded Shrimp. An incredible easy and quick recipe, serve as a starter or as party food. Oh so good! No frying either!
Shrimp Dianne. A wonderful flavored dish, great served as a main on a bed of Angel Hair pasta or as a side with some warm crusty bread!
Light and crispy batter around delicious juicy shrimp, add your favorite dip and these are a perfect starter or party food.
Creamy Garlic Seafood Pasta, a delicious quick and easy meal, with a delicious creamy white wine sauce.
The BEST EVER Beer Battered Fish and Chips! Great flavours and don't forget your shake of vinegar and sprinkle of salt!
Cajun Crabmeat Au Gratin. A truly delicious recipe full of fantastic flavors. Options to add shrimp or crawfish too! Delicious served as an appetizer or main meal.
Chinese Crab with Scallions and Ginger! A great tasting seafood dish full of flavor and easy to make
Bacon and Crab Mac n Cheese is a delicious side or main dish, with a rich creamy cheese sauce and amazing flavors from smokey bacon and crabmeat. Really tasty!
Creamy Shrimp and Corn Soup, a full flavored soup using delicious ingredients. Serve with some warm crusty bread!
Love these easy recipes, I will definitely be trying them and I will be following on Facebook.