A quick and easy oven-baked dinner, giving you juicy, perfectly cooked shrimp, infused with garlic and lemon. Recipe options to add tender baked asparagus making a delicious meal.
If you're looking for a fuss-free, quick and easy meal, then this recipe for garlic-baked shrimp is ideal.
For this recipe, we've added all the ingredients to an oven proof dish and simply baked until cooked.
It's a great meal to have for a weeknight dinner, perhaps when you don't have as much time to prepare meals.
For this recipe, we've used frozen shrimp, defrosted, washed and cleaned. You can also use fresh shrimp.
You'll also notice from the photos we've added some calamari.
Those have been cut into 1 inch wide strips, so they will cook within the same time as the shrimp and asparagus.
If you'd like to add other seafood, and perhaps other vegetables, such as mushrooms, you just need to make sure everything is a similar size so they all cook at the same time.
You don't want to end up with overcooked rubbery shrimp and raw vegetables!
How do I know when my shrimp are cooked?
Shrimp will turn from a translucent color to a pinkish color and will feel firmer than when they were raw.
What other ingredients can I add or change to this recipe?
You can add other seafood, such as calamari, mussels, fish (we suggest cutting in to 2 inch size peices, for example salmon), clams.
For vegetables, you can add some mushrooms, bell peppers, baby potatoes (cut in half).
For seasonings, feel free to add some of your favorite herbs, such as basil, tarragon, dill, or spices such as paprika, chili flakes etc.
If you enjoy seafood, come and check out our other seafood recipes. So delicious!
Ingredients you'll need
- Shrimp - We've used washed and peeled raw shrimp. You can also use shell-on shrimp.
- Asparagus - tender asparagus spears, these should take the same amount of time to cook as the shrimp. If you are adding any other vegetables, make sure they are the same thickness or will cook in the same short time as the shrimp.
- Olive Oil - This gives a lovely added Mediterranean flavor when paired with the garlic
- Garlic - We've used 3 cloves of garlic in this recipe. If you wish to have more, feel free to increase the amount. This amount isn't overpowering but adds a nice flavor balance.
- Lemon - we all know lemon and seafood go well together, so we've added lemons in the dish whilst baking so the juices can infuse.
1. Preheat oven to 350F, 180C
2. Add the olive oil and chopped garlic to an 8 inch oven dish
3. Add the cleaned shrimp and asparagus to the dish
4. Season with salt and pepper
5. Cut the half lemon in to half again so you have 2 lemon wedges. Squeeze one lemon wedge over the shrimp and asparagus and add both of the wedges to the baking dish.
6. Place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until the shrimp are cooked and asparagus are tender.
7. Serve how with some warm crusty bread or flatbread
- 10 oz or 300 g Washed Shrimp
- 8 oz or 250 g Asparagus
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ Lemon
- Preheat oven to 350F, 180C
- Add the olive oil and chopped garlic to an 8-inch oven dish
- Add the cleaned shrimp and asparagus to the dish
- Season with salt and pepper
- Cut the half lemon into half again so you have 2 lemon wedges. Squeeze one lemon wedge over the shrimp and asparagus and add both of the wedges to the baking dish.
- Place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until the shrimp are cooked and asparagus are tender.
- Serve how with some warm crusty bread
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 317mgSodium: 1587mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 38g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate