Lemon and Garlic Butter Sauce. This is delicious served with seafood, fish, chicken or pork. Very easy and quick to make too!
Here’s a quick recipe for you all! It is called my Lemon and Garlic Butter Sauce. I’ve based the recipe on the traditional Beurre Blanc sauce, which is a white butter sauce. It is a very quick and fuss-free sauce to make.
The consistency should be runny, but thick enough to cling to the food with a light coating. It is a great sauce to serve with fish and seafood, chicken, and pork. You could also use it to drizzle over pasta!
We’ve had cooks show us photos of their use of our lemon and garlic butter sauce over on Pinterest, and some have used it to coat a whole salmon before baking, some combined with pasta, added to a seafood dish, then baked in the oven, some as a sauce for pouring over asparagus. The uses are endless!
Thanks to everyone who shared their photos! You can see some of the photos of people trying our sauce here
This recipe will make about 1/2 a cup in quantity. You may not think that is much sauce, however, it is extremely rich because of the butter and cream, and you should only use a little of the sauce when serving. Just enough to add a hint of flavor to your dish.
It is very quick and easy to make, so give it a go and enjoy our Lemon and Garlic Butter Sauce.
Here’s a serving suggestion for the lemon and garlic butter sauce, done with our crispy breaded shrimp. So pretty! great for parties and very easy to do. Just pour the sauce into some dipping bowls and everyone can help themselves.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1/2 cup
1/2 cup or 110 ml dry white wine
1/4 cup or 55 ml heavy or double cream
2 Tablespoons butter, chilled
1 lemon, juice only
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh (or dry) dill
Salt and white pepper to taste
1/4 cup Finely chopped shallots
1. In a small saucepan, add a small drop of olive oil and the minced garlic (and shallots if using). Cook on a low heat until soft. Then add the white wine, increase the heat to medium and let it cook for about 4 minutes until reduced by approximately 1/3 . Take care not to burn the garlic or shallots as this will make the sauce taste bitter. You want to heat the garlic and shallots until translucent and soft, not brown.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter, stir to combine, then add the cream. Return the pan to the heat and stir until it begins to bubble. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and dill. Stir, taste the sauce and add salt and pepper to taste. And there you have our Lemon and Garlic Butter Sauce!
** If using shallots, it is common to sieve the sauce before serving so as to remove the shallots and give you a nice smooth sauce. You don’t have to do this if it doesn’t bother you!
The photo below shows the lemon and garlic butter sauce but I also added a teaspoon of whole grain mustard for a bit of a kick. It was delicious!
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our lemon and garlic butter sauce recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Here’s an example of pairing the lemon garlic sauce with my Crispy Breaded Shrimp! Delicious!
Here’s another one of our popular sauce recipes, Black Peppercorn Sauce, perfect for steaks! It’s delicious and incredibly easy to make.
Another idea for you to add our lemon and garlic butter sauce to is this delicious Bacon and Asparagus Pasta Salad, serve either warm or chilled. So yummy! Just add the sauce before serving and you’re good to go!
Try our popular Best-Ever Tartar Sauce. Goes great with fish and seafood and takes a matter of minutes to prepare!
- 1/2 cup or 110 ml dry white wine
- 1/4 cup or 55 ml heavy or double cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter chilled
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill or dry
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped shallots
In a small saucepan, add a small drop of olive oil and the minced garlic (and shallots if using). Cook on a low heat until soft. Then add the white wine, increase the heat to medium and let it cook for about 4 minutes until reduced by approximately 1/3 .
Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter, stir to combine, then add the cream. Return the pan to the heat and stir until it begins to bubble. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and dill. Stir, taste the sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.