Easy Chili Pasta Bake, a great easy recipe, using leftover chili, and baked with a cheesy topping. Freezer friendly and ideal for creating a new dinner recipe! This really is an easy recipe! Using up leftovers, it's quick and easy enough to make up a new meal.
This recipe is so convenient. If you make up a big pot of chili, then make up some trays of our Easy Chili Pasta Bake in portions and freeze so you've got some handy on busy weeknights.
Our Easy Chili Pasta Bake is a great dish to serve up for Pot Lucks, large gatherings, parties, Game Day, and if you have a huge family to feed because it's inexpensive, and you can always bulk it out even more by reducing the amount of meat and increasing the amount of pasta, or adding some diced zucchini. So there's another idea for you!
I had some chili left over last night from my Beginner's Chili Recipe and wanted to make something different to eat the following night for dinner, and of course, use up my leftovers, so I came up with this recipe, which I have to say when it was in the oven, smelled absolutely wonderful!
The crispy cheese on top makes it super tasty, and the pasta in the chili makes it a nice filling, and an all-in-one-pot meal. It turned out a real hit, so I had better share the recipe with you all! So please enjoy our Easy Chili Pasta Bake
Equipment you will need
1 pan to cook the chili
a dish 9 x 13 or at least deep enough to hold your ingredients.
1 Lb or 500 g ground meat of your choice, or for vegetarians, ground soya meat
1 large chopped onion
3 Cloves garlic crushed/chopped
300 g mushrooms chopped (optional)
1 Bay Leaf
1 Stock cube
1 -2 Teaspoons Mild dry chili pepper seeds. (adjust to your taste)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 can (14.5 oz) whole peeled chopped tomatoes (no added flavors) plus ½ can of water if necessary
2 teaspoons sugar
2 cups or 285 g pasta of your choice uncooked.
As much grated cheese as you like for the topping.
1. Peel & chop onion, garlic and mushrooms if using then add to a pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
2. Lightly fry until the onions are soft and translucent (not brown as this will make them taste bitter)
3. Add your meat and cook, stirring in the pan with the other ingredients.
4. Add the remaining ingredients.
5. Stir it all together and add the pasta. Stir well then pour into your greased casserole dish.
6. Sprinkle as much grated cheese on the top as you like.
7. Place in a preheated oven at 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4 for 25 - 30 minutes or until the pasta is cooked and the cheese is golden brown.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Easy Chili Pasta Bake
Easy Chili Pasta Bake, a great easy recipe, using leftover chili, and baked with a cheesy topping. Freezer friendly and ideal for creating a new dinner recipe!
- 1 Lb or 500 g ground meat of your choice, or for vegetarians, ground soya meat
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 Cloves garlic crushed/chopped
- 300 g mushrooms chopped, optional
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Stock cube
- 1 -2 Teaspoons Mild dry chili pepper seeds. (adjust to your taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 14 ½ oz can whole peeled chopped tomatoes plus ½ can of water if necessary
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups / 285 g pasta of your choice uncooked.
- As much grated cheese as you like for the topping.
- Peel & chop onion, garlic and mushrooms if using then add to a pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Lightly fry until the onions are soft and translucent (not brown as this will make them taste bitter)
- Add your meat and cook, stirring in the pan with the other ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir it all together and add the pasta. Stir well then pour into your greased casserole dish. Sprinkle as much grated cheese on the top as you like.
- Place in a preheated oven at 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4 for 25 - 30 minutes or until the pasta is cooked and the cheese is golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Le Creuset PG0800-232 Heritage Stoneware Square Dish, 3-Quart, Flame
DELOBOLL 8.5 Quart Tri-Ply Covered Stainless Steel Stockpot TOP Standard, Multi-clad Base Induction Cookware, Dishwasher Safe Soup Pot with Lid + 2 Silicone Oven Mitts, Qt
Small Baking Dish for Oven 9 inch Ceramic Rectangular Casserole Dish Lasagna Pan with Handle 9.1"x5.6"x2.1" Red
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 645Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 271mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 51g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
Delicious Recipes Using Ground Meat
Here's a lovely selection of our most popular ground meat recipes for you to enjoy
Poor Man's Stew. A really easy made from scratch recipe, budget friendly. Packed full of flavor and a great family dinner.
Stuffed Potato Dumplings. A twist on the classic Swedish Kroppkakor dumplings, using leftover potatoes, stuffed with a choice of fillings,boiled & pan fried.Popular supper or party food.
Beef and Rice Stuffed Peppers
Beef and rice stuffed peppers are deliciously oven-roasted and filled with a mix of ground meat, rice, garlic, and seasonings making for a perfect lunch or supper.
Taco Pizza, delicious homemade pizza dough with toppings of a taco! Tasty seasoned ground beef, onions, garlic, olives, tomato sauce, topped with cheese, sour cream and lettuce.
Simple Spaghetti Bolognese, an easy dinner using fresh ingredients and full of flavor, with a homemade tomato sauce
Cabbage Rolls, Golabki. A classic stuffed cabbage recipe, easy to make and also a vegetarian option in the recipe. A great tasting family meal.
Garlic Meatballs and Pasta is a lovely homemade recipe using fresh ingredients with a delicious sauce
Easy Pasta Bake.
A quick and easy dinner, loaded with cheese, ground beef, pasta and baked in a delicious tomato sauce.
Juicy BBQ Meat Kebabs.
These juicy BBQ meat kebabs are bursting with a variety of spices and fresh herbs for a juicy, full of flavor meat skewer recipe. Ideal for outdoor eating, and easy to prepare.
Juicy Homemade Meatballs are full of flavor, juicy, and simply delicious. These homemade meatballs are always a hit with the family. Here I've used some great ingredients to keep these super moist and of course really packed with flavor.
Easy American Hamburger Goulash.
This is an easy recipe for how to make cheesy hamburger goulash, using pasta, ground meat,melted cheese and vegetables, cooked on the stove top. Pure comfort food using fresh ingredients.
Oh So Good Jack Daniel's Burgers taste amazing! Easy to make and full of flavor to give you a delicious juicy burger. Perfect for BBQ's and parties. Freezer friendly too
Cheesy Beef and Spinach Pasta Bake.
Delicious oven-baked beef and spinach pasta casserole, baked in a rich cheese roux sauce to give you a great dinner. Easy to make and very tasty!
Spanish Meatballs in Garlic Tomato Sauce, Albondigas is a lovely easy dish typically served as Tapas in bars. Great for party food, main meals and appetizers!
Nanny's Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs (with Italian Sausage too!) is a popular recipe with her family. The grandkids absolutely love it! Easy to make, freezer-friendly, and always a hit!