Easy Chili Pasta Bake, a great easy recipe, using leftover chili, and baked with a cheesy topping. Freezer friendly and ideal for creating a new dinner recipe! This really is an easy recipe! Using up leftovers, it's quick and easy enough to make up a new meal.
This recipe is so convenient. If you make up a big pot of chili, then make up some trays of our Easy Chili Pasta Bake in portions and freeze so you've got some handy on busy weeknights.
Our Easy Chili Pasta Bake is a great dish to serve up for Pot Lucks, large gatherings, parties, Game Day, and if you have a huge family to feed because it's inexpensive, and you can always bulk it out even more by reducing the amount of meat and increasing the amount of pasta, or adding some diced zucchini. So there's another idea for you!
I had some chili left over last night from my Beginner's Chili Recipe and wanted to make something different to eat the following night for dinner, and of course, use up my leftovers, so I came up with this recipe, which I have to say when it was in the oven, smelled absolutely wonderful!
The crispy cheese on top makes it super tasty, and the pasta in the chili makes it a nice filling, and an all-in-one-pot meal. It turned out a real hit, so I had better share the recipe with you all! So please enjoy our Easy Chili Pasta Bake
Equipment you will need
1 pan to cook the chili
a dish 9 x 13 or at least deep enough to hold your ingredients.
1 Lb or 500 g ground meat of your choice, or for vegetarians, ground soya meat
1 large chopped onion
3 Cloves garlic crushed/chopped
300 g mushrooms chopped (optional)
1 Bay Leaf
1 Stock cube
1 -2 Teaspoons Mild dry chili pepper seeds. (adjust to your taste)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 can (14.5 oz) whole peeled chopped tomatoes (no added flavors) plus 1/2 can of water if necessary
2 teaspoons sugar
2 cups or 285 g pasta of your choice uncooked.
As much grated cheese as you like for the topping.
1. Peel & chop onion, garlic and mushrooms if using then add to a pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
2. Lightly fry until the onions are soft and translucent (not brown as this will make them taste bitter)
3. Add your meat and cook, stirring in the pan with the other ingredients.
4. Add the remaining ingredients.
5. Stir it all together and add the pasta. Stir well then pour into your greased casserole dish.
6. Sprinkle as much grated cheese on the top as you like.
7. Place in a preheated oven at 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4 for 25 - 30 minutes or until the pasta is cooked and the cheese is golden brown.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1 Lb or 500 g ground meat of your choice, or for vegetarians, ground soya meat
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 Cloves garlic crushed/chopped
- 300 g mushrooms chopped, optional
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Stock cube
- 1 -2 Teaspoons Mild dry chili pepper seeds. (adjust to your taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 14 1/2 oz can whole peeled chopped tomatoes plus 1/2 can of water if necessary
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups / 285 g pasta of your choice uncooked.
- As much grated cheese as you like for the topping.
- Peel & chop onion, garlic and mushrooms if using then add to a pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Lightly fry until the onions are soft and translucent (not brown as this will make them taste bitter)
- Add your meat and cook, stirring in the pan with the other ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir it all together and add the pasta. Stir well then pour into your greased casserole dish. Sprinkle as much grated cheese on the top as you like.
- Place in a preheated oven at 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4 for 25 - 30 minutes or until the pasta is cooked and the cheese is golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Le Creuset PG0800-232 Heritage Stoneware Square Dish, 3-Quart, Flame
DELOBOLL 8.5 Quart Tri-Ply Covered Stainless Steel Stockpot TOP Standard, Multi-clad Base Induction Cookware, Dishwasher Safe Soup Pot with Lid + 2 Silicone Oven Mitts, Qt
Small Baking Dish for Oven 9 inch Ceramic Rectangular Casserole Dish Lasagna Pan with Handle 9.1"x5.6"x2.1" Red
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 645Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 271mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 51g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate