This Celebration Breakfast Casserole is a full breakfast, brunch, or supper time dish, loaded with mac n cheese, baby meatballs, and bacon, comfort food at its best!
This Celebration Breakfast Casserole is certainly going to please a lot of you! Imagine having mac and cheese, bacon, eggs and meatballs in every bite. It can't get any tastier than this.
This comforting breakfast casserole is such a versatile recipe. You can choose your favorite cheese, add more or less bacon, make in a large pan or muffin pans, whichever suits.
For example, you could make mini celebration breakfast casseroles in a muffin pan and serve as an appetizer or as buffet food for a party. Perhaps you want to make something filling to add in lunch boxes. Maybe picnics. Anything you like! You can serve this warm from the oven or chilled. It's delicious either way.
For this recipe, I've added all the family favorites so you have everything delicious in every single bite. I've added some mini pasta elbows, mini meatballs, and bacon lardons to make this truly a celebration.
This a great recipe if you wanted to make for breakfast, brunch, supper... or indeed any time. You can make ahead the night before and simply add the eggs just before you pop in the oven when you're ready to bake.
At the end of the recipe I have written several different filling suggestions for vegetable only or meat and fish ideas, so you could make a different one each week if you wanted to!
This is such a big hit with the family, great served on its own warm, or with a side salad. Great as a breakfast casserole too! So let's get straight to the recipe and see how we make this delicious celebration breakfast casserole. Please enjoy!
You will need a springform or cake pan measuring the 10-inch diameter.
Whatever pan you use, a removable base is the best so it can come out easier.
TIP: When using a Springform or pan with a removable base, to avoid the risk of leakage, please line the pan with Aluminium foil, brush the inside with oil and when baking, place the pan on a baking tray in case there is any spillage. It shouldn't happen, but take the precaution anyway!
The Savory Custard Filling
1 pint or 600 ml milk
salt & pepper
1 cup or 100 g bacon lardons
1 cup or 100 g mushrooms, sliced
1 cup or 150 g mini macaroni elbows
1 cup or 150 g grated cheese of your choice
1 tomato sliced
6-8 Fresh basil leaves
The mini meatballs
1 ½ cup or 200 g ground beef (or any meat)
1 Tsp Dried Parsley
1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
½ Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
¼ Tsp Tabasco Sauce
1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
Salt & Pepper
1. Put the oven on to 200C, 400F, Gas 6
2. Grease your pan included the sides or line your pan with aluminum foil and the grease the inside with oil if you think there will be leaks.
3. First, prepare all the fillings.
Cook the macaroni elbows HALF the cooking time of the package. Drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
4. In a frying pan, cook the bacon lardons, and scoop out onto kitchen paper, leaving the fat in the pan.
5. Cook off the sliced mushrooms until brown, scoop out & add to kitchen paper. Turn frying pan heat off.
6. Make the meatballs. - In a bowl, place the ground beef, and all the ingredients listed above for the meatballs.
Using your hand, combine it all together well.
7. Place in a ziplock bag and cut a small hole in the corner so you can squeeze the meat through it. See photos below.
8. Squeezing a little at a time, get the meat out of the ziplock, the size of a marble
and place directly in the frying pan.
9. Lightly fry the meatballs until they are brown.
10. Set aside on kitchen paper to drain the fat.
11. In a large mixing bowl, add the macaroni, bacon, mushrooms, grated cheese (save a little for the top), dried parsley, fresh basil leaves & season with Salt & Pepper. Mix everything together.
Then place in your tin, distribute evenly. Then add the meatballs and slices of tomato.
12. Now we make the custard filling.
In a deep bowl, whisk together the eggs & milk & salt & pepper lightly.
Try and get lots of bubbles in the mix as this will make the quiche lighter & fluffier.
13. Carefully pour the custard mix into the pan, sprinkle your last bit of cheese all over & place the pan on a baking tray and transport to the oven.
Bake for 20 minutes at 200C, 400F, Gas 6, then turn the temperature down to 180 C, 350 F, gas 4 for a further 30 minutes or until the custard is set.
When done, remove from the oven, allow to cool for 20 minutes, then place on a plate!
This quiche will freeze very well after baking. When you want to use it, defrost thoroughly and reheat in the oven at 180 C, 350 F, gas 4 for 20 minutes
Vegetables (no pre frying required)
Sliced courgettes / zucchinis
mixed fresh herbs, like basil, tarragon etc
sweetcorn (well drained & dried with kitchen paper)
baby tomatoes, sliced in half
Meat & fish
Any ground meat (if raw, pre-fry)
Leftover ham, chicken etc. - shred and add to the filling.
Salmon/tuna, either raw or canned, add straight to the filling (no pre-cook)
Hams, salami, Italian sausage, Chorizo etc sliced
Celebration Breakfast Casserole
This Celebration Breakfast Casserole is a full breakfast, brunch or supper time dish, loaded with mac n cheese, baby meatballs and bacon, comfort food at its best!
The Savoury Custard Filling
- 6 eggs
- 1 pint or 600 ml milk
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup or 100 g bacon lardons
- 1 cup or 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup or 150 g mini macaroni elbows
- 1 cup or 150 g grated cheese of your choice
- 1 tomato sliced
- 6-8 leaves Fresh basil
The mini meatballs
- 1 ½ cup or 200 g ground beef, or any meat
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ Tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
- Salt & Pepper
- Put the oven on to 200C, 400F,Gas 6
- Grease your pan included the sides or line your pan with aluminuium foil and the grease the inside with oil if you think there will be leaks.
- First prepare all the fillings. Cook the macaroni elbows HALF the cooking time of the package. Drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- In a frying pan, cook the bacon lardons, and scoop out onto kitchen paper, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Cook off the sliced mushrooms until brown, scoop out & add to kitchen paper. Turn frying pan heat off.
- Make the meatballs. - In a bowl, place the ground beef, and all the ingredients listed above for the meatballs.
- Using your hand, combine it all together well. Place in a zip lock bag and cut a small hole in the corner so you can squeeze the meat through it.
- Squeezing a little at a time, get the meat out of the zip lock, the size of a marble and place directly in the frying pan.
- Lightly fry the meatballs until they are brown. Set aside on kitchen paper to drain the fat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the macaroni, bacon, mushrooms, grated cheese (save a little for the top), dried parsley, fresh basil leaves & season with Salt & Pepper. Mix everything together. Then place in your tin, distribute evenly. Then add the meatballs and slices of tomato.
- Now we make the custard filling. In a deep bowl, whisk together the eggs & milk & salt & pepper lightly.
- Try and get lots of bubbles in the mx as this will make the quiche lighter & fluffier.
- Carefully pour the custard mix to the pan, sprinkle your last bit of cheese all over & place the pan on a baking tray and transport to the oven.Bake for 20 minutes at 200C, 400F, Gas 6, then turn the temperature down to 180 C, 350 F, gas 4 for a further 30 minutes or until the custard is set.
- When done, remove from the oven, allow to cool for 20 minutes, then place on a plate!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 519Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 283mgSodium: 729mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 39g
Delicious Breakfast Recipes
Here's a selection of our delicious breakfast recipes for you to enjoy
Easy Rhubarb Compote
Easy Rhubarb Compote is a great recipe used for a topping on granola, yogurt, ice cream, cakes and many desserts. Easy simple recipe and takes just minutes to make.
Classic English Cherry Scones. Quick and Easy to make, moist, light, and fluffy! Perfect for High Tea or Afternoon Tea. This is a very popular recipe and for those searching for a good, reliable English scone recipe, this won't disappoint!
French Toast Cupcakes! These are wonderful soft and moist little cakes with a vanilla and maple flavor, frosted with maple cream and then topped off with some candied bacon. A super easy recipe and always so popular as a breakfast, dessert or for parties!
Peach Pound Cake with Raspberry Swirl. A delicious recipe bursting with sweet peaches and a tangy raspberry swirl running through. Soft, moist and perfect with a morning coffee or to take to friends! If you are a fan of pound cakes and peaches, then this one is for you.
Apple and Pumpkin Muffins! These breakfast muffins are full of the flavors of Fall with pumpkin, apple and cinnamon with a delicious streusel topping. A really easy recipe and that topping is so good!
A quick and easy recipe for how to make a simple raspberry coulis to use as a fruity topping for cheesecakes, dessert sauces, pour over ice cream or swirl into yogurt and granola for breakfast
Pecan Caramel Monkey Bread, Easy recipe for how to make it. Sticky caramel-coated pieces of bread with a sprinkling of chocolate chips & pecan nuts baked in a bundt pan. A great pull-apart bread recipe using store-bought biscuits.
Quick and Easy French Toast, A.K.A. Eggy Bread.
French Toast, A.K.A 'Eggy Bread" is soft bread, soaked in beaten egg and pan-fried in butter. Serve for breakfast or brunch with a selection of berries and a drizzle of honey
Rhubarb Oatmeal Muffin Cake is a great old fashioned breakfast cake! It’s easy to make, bursting with juicy rhubarb and has a great texture from the oats.
How To Make Blueberry Marmalade, homemade jam with added lemon and orange make this a delicious preserve for breakfast time.
Blueberry Streusel Muffins. Delicious breakfast muffins filled with homemade blueberry sauce then topped with a crunchy streusel topping.
Cheesy Sausage and Jalapeno Scones or Biscuits are so light and fluffy! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, dinner, picnics and parties. Freezer friendly too!
How To Make Perfect Scrambled Eggs.
Learn how to make perfect scrambled eggs with this easy recipe, simple to make, taking just minutes. Fluffy, soft, and creamy, this makes for a quick breakfast or brunch
Delicious, simple, soft and fluffy oatmeal muffins bursting with juicy cherries. Serve warm for breakfast or brunch
How To Make An Omelette (Basic recipe)
A simple easy recipe for how to make a basic French omelette. Loaded with bacon, cheese, mushrooms and spinach, this is a great all round breakfast, brunch or supper meal.
Creamy Blueberry and Banana Smoothie. Super easy recipe and taste like a milkshake but without the cream or ice cream!
Fluffy Blueberry and Lemon Pancakes
Quick and easy made from scratch pancakes, bursting with juicy blueberries. Light and fluffy, delicious with a drizzle of maple syrup
Deluxe Breakfast Casserole, a delicious oven recipe loaded with sausage, cheese, bacon, and eggs on a bed of hash browns. Easy to make comfort food at its best!
Delicious English bread recipe, often eaten for breakfast. Serve warm with butter! You can eat these sweet or savory! Freezer friendly. Simple homemade recipe
How to make English Crumpets from scratch. Delicious served for breakfast or afternoon tea. Crisp and golden brown on the outside, light and fluffy inside
Easy Baked Brunch, a deliciously simple recipe with baked eggs, bacon, cheese and peppers. Great for a weekend!
German Style Fluffy Apple Pancakes. Delicious, quick and easy recipe and these are certainly fluffy! Serve warm with a sprinkling of sugar and a dash of cinnamon.
Nanny's Easy Breakfast Muffins. Perfect with a cup of coffee!
Chocolate Banana Muffins With a Caramel Drizzle Topping. Fluffy, soft and packed with bananas and chocolate. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or snack time.
Cinnamon & Raisin English Muffins - Delicious opened and served warm with a nice spread of butter on each half! Easy stove top recipe.
Egg Breakfast Muffins are super light,filled with a variety of staple ingredients. Easy and quick to mke, always a hit at breakfast and snack times!
Fluffy Rhubarb Breakfast Muffins.
A delicious breakfast or snack, these slightly sweet muffins are loaded with juicy tangy rhubarb, soft and fluffy, with added texture from the oats.
Easy Healthy Granola Cups. A great little treat, perfect for breakfast, dessert or a tea party! Fill with your favorite yogurt and berries. Yummy!
Love your new format. Sooo much easier to read on my phone ;-}
Ahhh thank you Sherrie! I always listen to feedback! :)